• Drive a 480bhp Renault Magnum lorry with a 55ft Supercar Transporter behind you
• Welcome, introduction and briefing
• Approximately 15 minutes personal driving time
• You may form part of a small group of 3 and will spend up to 45 minutes in the lorry riding as a passenger when not driving
• Please allow approximately one hour on site for this experience
Truck Driving & Supercar Blast
• In addition to your truck drive you will drive your chosen supercar for approximately 3 miles
• Allow approximately 2-3 hours on site for this experience
Aston Martin Vantage • Audi R8 • BMW i8 • Chevrolet Camaro • Ferrari F430 • Ford Mustang (North Weald only) • Jaguar F Type R • Lamborghini Gallardo • Lotus Elise S2 111R • Lotus Exige 350S • Nissan GT-R • Porsche 911 Turbo • Porsche Boxter • Subaru Impreza WRX Sti
What Can I Expect
Keep on trucking' on this articulated lorry experience! If you've ever wanted to drive an arctic lorry this is the experience for you. What's more, this activity has a Gallic flavour, as the arctic you'll be driving is a Renault Magnum!
Scania and Daf might be the the 'big name' brands in the arctic world, but when the Magnum first came out in 1990 it changed the rulebook on lorries and was immediately awarded 'truck of the year'. The first thing that leaps out at you in its froggy style is the height. This tractor head is so high there are three steps to climb before you can get anywhere close to clambering in the cabin. Word has it that the sign of a good trucker is one who can get back into this cab with a coffee in one hand and not spill a drop!
So once you've scaled the heights, plonk yourself down in the driver's seat. It's like sitting at mission control. The dashboard's console wraps around you and you've go overhead CB radio and sound systems, as well as overhead lockers for convenient storage. There's even a fridge as standard. Nice. However, you won't be going continental on this arctic lorry experience, it's all about negotiating the specially coned out lorry track.
As you can imagine, being so high up gives you a great panoramic view of the route ahead, but when it comes to seeing what's behind you, that's a whole different kettle of poisson. What's more, your truck driving experience will be towing a whopping 55ft long car trailer. Go on, take a look in your huge side mirrors and you'll see it. Now try and reverse around that corner! Driving an arctic lorry is nothing like your usual hatchback that's for sure.
With an expert arctic driver at your side (well, about a metre away as the cab is so wide!) you will take on this unique lorry-sized course. We have five different arctic driving venues for you to choose from, so you can take you pick from Lincolnshire, Essex, Wales, or Scotland.
Each articulated lorry experience gives you 15 to 20 minutes at the wheel of the Magnum. As these sessions are run as small groups, if there are other arctic fans on the activity with you, you can sit on the bench-style crew seat behind the driver to witness the arctic driving as a passenger when you're not in the hot seat yourself.
• Choose from a weekday only voucher, or to include weekend availability opt for the anytime option
• Wales and Essex locations operate throughout the year with Lincolnshire and Scotland available between March and October
• Dates are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Due to the popularity of this experience, please book early to avoid disappointment
• Minimum height 5ft
• Minimum age 12
• No driving licence is required for this experience
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch the action
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Flat shoes and comfortable clothing should be worn
• All drivers on the day are liable for the first £5000 of damages in the event of an incident
• All drivers will have the option to purchase a non-refundable ‘Crash Damage Waiver’ for £25, which will cover them against any accidental damage that may be caused to the vehicle(s) in the event of an incident.
• North Weald, Essex*
• Llandow, Wales
• Blyton Park, Lincolnshire
• Crail Raceway, Scotland *
• Tockwith, York
*Not available for weekday Truck Driving and Weekday Truck and Supercar Blast, weekends only