• Two hour indoor archery session
• Fully qualified instructors will lead sessions
• Use modern high quality kit
• Ideal taster session for fun or for someone with a view of taking archery up as a sport
• You will form part of a group of up to 12 participants
What Can I Expect
Give archery in Sunderland a try - and see if you can hit the bullseye! These archery sessions take place in a well-equipped activity centre where the team is super friendly and the atmosphere is really welcoming and relaxed.
This amazing place offers a whole myriad of activities for all ages, offering everything from sports out on the water, to indoor activities . The idea is that anyone can get involved and you don’t have to be mega sporty. It’s all about having a go and inclusion for all. These vouchers are for archery sessions at this wonderful Sunderland location.
You'll be in an indoor range for these archery experiences, so even the good old British weather won’t be able to put a dampener on your archery day. Come rain or shine, you’ll be able to pick your bow and have a go.
Of course, you won’t just be expected to rock up and release the arrows with no training. Archery GB instructors are on hand to do a pre-session briefing to explain the rules, etiquette and safety measures. After that it’s hands-on tutoring on how to handle, hold and use your bow. There’s a bit of technique to it, but once you’ve got the knack, you’ll be on a roll.
This Sunderland centre uses the latest recurve bows, which are easy to use and come in various weights and sizes to suit archers from the age of six years old. So, no matter your age or build, there’s a bow to suit you. And that’s actually the important bit: to get the correct equipment.
Once you’ve got the right kit and been shown the basics, it’s time to get firing those arrows at the targets. It’s great fun, accessible and can get quite competitive - especially if you book in for a group of you together (we sell vouchers for two to 12 of you). So why not get a gang together for a fun session of archery in Sunderland?
• Weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Morning and afternoon sessions are generally available
• Minimum age of 6 years old
• A minimum of two vouchers must be purchased for this experience
• Spectators are very welcome
• There are two cafes on site to purchase food and drink
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The centre is located in Roker, Sunderland