• Group archery sessions last approximately 30 minutes
• Each participant shoots around 15 arrows
• You may be forming part of a group of up to 7 archers
• All experiences include a welcome and safety briefing, kit and equipment and tuition from expert Archers
• Should you wish you can usually pay extra on the day for additional shots
What Can I Expect
Let loose the arrows of fun when you learn archery in Suffolk! Tuition at this stunning South East centre is renowned for its excellence and this is the perfect opportunity for a band of Merry Men or a lone archery fiend to put their arrow-firing skills to the test, with two disciplines offered.
Set in 1200 acres of estate parkland outside Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, this tip-top archery venue is unusual in offering both ‘standard’ and crossbow archery lessons – allowing you to hone your regular fletch-firing skills, or challenge yourself with the less familiar crossbow format.
The crossbow has been a popular and successful fighting weapon since Roman times and, despite its more advanced design, is actually often easier to master. It produces a far greater amount of kinetic energy, allowing users to shoot further with less effort, thanks to a mechanism that holds the bow string taut horizontally to your body, whilst you hold the archery bow itself vertical. With greater ease of handling and a longer range, it’s no wonder these highly-strung missiles prove such a hit with archery novices here at this Suffolk club.
Both bow designs are great fun to try and although there won’t be any battles involving archery in the Suffolk fields during your session, there’ll be plenty of opportunities to hit bulls-eye with as many arrows, bolts and quarrels as you can, so it might well get a little bit competitive! You’ll be working with a trained instructor to discover the key skills required for successful archery shooting, as well as learning to develop your stance, posture, aiming and firing techniques.
This group archery experience in Suffolk is available for two to seven people and is ideal if you want to make a memorable day out for friends, colleagues or family. You can egg each other on in the target field, and we suspect that a certain determination to win will come out sooner or later! Give archery at Suffolk’s sharp-shooting centre a go and see if you’ve got what it takes to fire off a rapid round of feather-tipped missiles like a true arrow aficionado.
More information on our selection of archery experiences is available on our main archery lessons home page.
• The venue is open Wednesdays and Saturdays from 10am - 5:30pm and in the winter months from 10am until 4pm
• Participants taking part in a group session may form part of a larger group of up to 6
• There is a minimum age of 12 years old
• All under 16's must be accompanied by an adult
• The centre has a wide range of archery equipment to suit most heights
• Spectators are very welcome
• The venue offer free parking, designated spectator viewing areas, toilets and changing rooms
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Barnham, Suffolk