• Welcome and safety briefing by a qualified coach
• A brief introduction to archery
• One hour archery session and archery games
• All equipment and tuition is provided
• Refreshments are included
• You may be in a small group of up to six people
• Allow spending one and a half to two hours on site (depending on group numbers on the day)
Archey & Air Rifles
• Experiences last around one and a half and in addition to the archery you will also have a session with air rifles
• Test your shooting skills with a variety of paper and knock down targets
• Rifles and unlimited pellets are provided
• Supervision and instruction from an NRSA qualified instructor
What Can I Expect
Go for gold when you try archery in Sheffield! This friendly venue just west of Sheffield city centre is on the edge of the lovely Peak District National Park and offers both indoor and outdoor archery ranges, so you can tackle the bows and arrows whatever the weather and for extra shooting skills, you can go for the archery and air rifle combo!
The team running this archery and shooting centre aims to offer a safe, fun and challenging experience for both youngsters and adults, as well as individuals and groups. We are offering vouchers at this Sheffield archery club for up to six people, so you can get a little group together to go for a day out in the countryside learning a new skill - and it's all very convivial and relaxed too.
What we love most is the location, which offers glorious views over the Sheffield countryside - not that you'll be looking as serious archers only ever have their eye firmly on the target! The venue is actually a farm, so you'll be fully immersed in outdoors life as you shoot the arrows and pellets with the hedgerows and woodlands as your backdrop. And yes, it's really rather lovely!
But back to the main job in hand - archery. This Sheffield set up has one secret weapon - the luxury of having ranges outside and inside. Breathe in that clear air as you pick your bow from the stand and an arrow from the holder sitting next to you, prepare your shot and whoosh - there's your arrow quivering towards to target! The stands are all covered and even floodlit, so you can even partake in a bit of archery as dusk falls over this glorious part of Sheffield.
If the weather really has beaten you, the indoor range is an excellent set up for beginners, as it's easier to give tuition and direction. Talking of tuition, coaching here is from Archery GB trained staff and of course, all the gear you need is included. This Sheffield venue also boasts an archery lodge, which serves as a meeting place for budding archers, reception and the refreshment area.
You might not think it, but you don't need to be a muscly giant to be a skilled shooter, be it archery or air rifle shooting, but if you are a bit of well-built hotshot, this centre has higher poundage bows for you. So, whether you're a complete beginner or want to practice your already well-honed skills, archery in Sheffield on this tranquil farm is a superb choice, made all the more intense when combined with an air rifle session too, where the pellets are unlimited!
• Available on selected days throughout the year except Tuesdays
• Minimum age eight years old
• All under 18's must be accompanied by an adult
• Suitable for beginners and novices alike
• Spectators are welcome to watch from a designated area
• Free parking
• Tea and coffee available for purchase
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Suitable outdoor clothing and sturdy footwear should be worn
• Sheffield, on the edge of the Peak District