• A two and a half hour archery session
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Learn the art of the target sport of archery
• Experiences are delivered by GNAS certified instructors
• All equipment and refreshments are included
• You may form part of a group of up to 24 people
What Can I Expect
Oh the green, green lands of Glyndyfrdwy - what a superlative setting for a round of archery in North Wales for budding archers! This isn't a member's club, or a fancy indoor archery range, this is all about authentic archery outdoors in the great fresh air of Llangollen. So keep your keen eyes open and get ready to try a spot of archery.
Your archery session in the depths of North Wales takes place on Coed y Glyn Farm. This is a real-life working farm, and what a venue it is. No houses in your line of sight, just rolling hills and no neighbours either, except perhaps for the odd sheep. Right in the middle of a buttercup meadow down by the river, you'll see those instantly recognisable archery targets set up ready and waiting for you.
Now it's time to get yourself mentally and physically prepared for the challenge. Don't worry if you've never held a bow before, or if the expression 'knocking the arrow' just leaves you looking confused, everything will be calmly and patiently explained to you by the GNAS-qualified (that's Grand National Archery Society) instructors that run these North Wales events.
Professionalism and safety are obviously the priorities, but that doesn't mean dull and this experienced North Wales archery team is always sure to give you a entertaining time out on the range, as the session doesn't just include the basic tuition. Once you're OK with handling the bow, positioning your body, loading the arrows and successfully releasing, the heat will be turned a little with some games and challenges designed specifically to get the competitive side in you going.
Who will be crowned the hot shot archer of North Wales? Will you find your arrows zoom off at a tangent or do they fire straight and true right into the bullseye? Book yourselves onto one of these morning or afternoon archery sessions at North Wales' quite frankly gorgeous location in the midst of the Welsh fields and you'll soon be seeing that you can get your heart pounding with adrenaline without even moving an inch!
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year, subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 5
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• A minimum of two vouchers must be purchased for this experience
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the action
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Please wear suitable outdoor clothing and footwear
• In the countryside of Glyndyfrdwy, near Llangollen