• Choose from a air pistol or air rifle session
• Rifles and unlimited pellets are provided
• Supervision and instruction from an NRSA qualified instructor
• Experiences last around one hour
• You will form part of a small group of up to 6 participants
• Shoot some of the latest air pistols including the Smith & Wesson revolver and blow back laser sighted pistols
• Air rifle session to test your shooting skills with a variety of paper and knock down targets
What Can I Expect
A stunning location and great facilities with the best range of air pistols and air rifles in Sheffield! These airgun experience days combine safety and tuition with challenges and fun to make for a very rewarding day of shooting out in the countryside.
This very well laid out and organised centre is on a farm estate at Ringinglow, just on the very edge of the Peak District National Park and a few miles west of Sheffield city centre. As you turn into the gravel driveway you’ll see the rolling hills rising on the horizon and this is your lovely backdrop for the shoot.
As we mentioned, facilities here are second to none, with multiple segregated and fenced off shooting areas and a cosy alpine-style clubhouse too. Weather won’t stop play here either, as the outdoor ranges are heated and floodlit, with an well-equipped indoor range if you find yourself in a proper Sheffield downpour.
We are offering two different airgun experiences for you here at Sheffield. There’s the classic air rifle session, where you’ll be using the latest compressed air rifles with powerful scopes to hit the paper and knock down-type targets. For the uninitiated, these are the guns with a longer barrel that you either fire from a stand or hold in your shoulder.
The other type of shoot is using air pistols. These are a lot smaller than air rifles and hand-held using a single or double hand grip, but they can be somewhat trickier to handle. This Sheffield range uses well-known brands like Smith & Wesson, who produce air versions of their live ammunition revolvers. There are even state of the art air pistols that feature a realistic blowback action (where the slide moves back and automatically cocks the pistol for the next shot), which is powered by CO2. In other words, they feel very much like the real thing!
In both cases your packages include unlimited pellets and the hire of a gun that will be chosen specifically for your physique from the extensive range this school stocks, including lighter models for those as fledgling shooter as young as 14 years old.
You will be supervised at all times by NRSA (National Small-bore Rifle Association) registered marksmen and all the tuition you need is included too. The session can be as competitive as you like to see who makes the most shots on target, or at more of a leisurely pace. So if you fancy having a go at firing some air rifles this Sheffield base is your on-target choice!
• Available on selected days throughout the year except Tuesdays
• Minimum age 14 years old
• All under 18's must be accompanied by an adult
• Suitable for beginners and novices alike
• Spectators are welcome to watch from a designated area
• Free parking
• Tea and coffee available is available to purchase
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Suitable outdoor clothing and sturdy footwear should be worn
• Sheffield, on the edge of the Peak District