• A high ropes challenge with a variety of obstacles
• Full safety briefing by a qualified high ropes technician who will stay with you for the duration of the course
• All safety equipment is provided
• Undertake various challenges along the course such as: Leap of Faith, High Beam, Jacobs Ladder and Crate Challenge
• Participants will be in a group of up to twelve people
• Allow approximately 1 hour for groups of 2-4, 2 hours for groups of 5-8 and 3 hours for groups of 9-12
What Can I Expect
Have fun on this adventure course in the trees at our centres in Harrogate! The setting for these adventures in the trees is the stunning Ripley Castle in Yorkshire. You won't however be spending much time gazing at the finely manicured gardens, you'll be using all your powers of concentration to balance on the tree-top adventure courses.
These particular adventure rope courses have had some fantastic reviews from happy customers with the operator regularly receiving 5 stars on tripadvisor. All the instructors on this adventure ropes course are very experienced and adults and children alike will have a fantastic time negotiating the aerial obstacles. The group size on the adventure course is also limited for a more personal experience with minimal waiting time as you work your way around.
With expert instructors accompanying, you'll start on some of the adventure course’s lower challenges, like the Criss Cross, to get you used to being in a harness and attached to ropes. All the safety gear you need is included in your escapade in the trees is suitable for all ages from eight years old, as long as you are physically fit and have a sense of excitement. Safety is of uppermost importance and with a double safety rope system incorporated across all the adventure courses in Harrogate, you will never be left unattached.
Once you’ve got the hang of clambering around the low level obstacles you will move onto higher level adventure ropes courses to really get the adrenaline pumping. These awesome challenges include a Jacob's Ladder, a giant ladder rising into the trees, the high beam log walk 11m above the ground and the leap of faith - a trapeze swing that's even more thrilling when done in pairs.
The setting for the adventure course is stunning and after you’ve filled up on thrill in the trees why not visit the lovely Ripley castle. If your friends and family suffer from vertigo and aren't up for the adventure rope course challenge they can always watch you tackling the adventure course from the ground, with camera in hand of course!
These adventure ropes courses are offered every day, with mid-morning and afternoon start times, making it the perfect adventure course day out for the school holidays. If you are not in the Harrogate area, we have adventure courses at other venues in the UK, so you won’t have to travel hours in the car with the kids to enjoy an adventure rope course.
• Available on most weekends and weekdays
• AM and PM sessions are usually available
• Minimum age eight, no maximum
• Under 18's do not have to be accompanied by an adult
• Participants should wear loose comfortable clothing to suit the weather
• Flat shoes/trainers should be worn (no open toed sandals/flip flops)
• Spectators are welcome and free of charge
• There is a gift shop, tea room and a pub at Ripley Castle
• Guests may visit the castle for an additional charge
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• A minimum number of two people applies
• Ripley Castle, Yorkshire