• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• In car demonstration from your driving instructor
• Personalised certificate
• 1:1 instruction whilst in the car with 6 drivers taking turns
• Allow up to two hours for this experience with around 15 minutes in car time
• Take part in a series of three driving sessions in a Subaru Impreza:
Session 1: Drive on straights and 90 degree corners trying out handbrake turns
Session 2: Take the car sideways, learning powerslides on an arched 200m sweeping bend
Session 3: Slide on the skid pan being taught the techniques of driving donut style, trying your hand at figure of 8's
What Can I Expect
Rev the engines and get ready for your adrenaline rally in Northamptonshire! The idea of this course is that you get down to the nitty-gritty of rallying by learning each individual technique in a series of mini workshops, taking it in turns as part of a group.
Each of your three driving sessions takes place in a different area of the rally school. Each one has been created to provide the perfect set up for learning the particular skills you’ll be concentrating on. In the paddock, you’ve got plenty of room to fling the car around and practice those handbrakes turns. It might look easy, but it actually takes a fair amount of co-ordination between what your hands and feet are doing.
Over in the power slide area you’ll be learning how to grapple with oversteer on a beautifully-formed corner. It’s a 200m arc with the ideal angles for getting your car to slide gracefully around. No doubt you’ll have a couple of missed attempts where you over or even under cook it, but hopefully by the end of your turn you’ll have nailed it!
The skid pan is where you learn your figure of eights and doughnuts. These crowd-pleaser moves get the adrenaline going as you throw your rally car around this Northamptonshire pan. Again, it’s tricky to smoothly execute the moves, but you’ll be getting in-car training from some of the best (and most patient) instructors out there.
As for the car you’ll be learning these rally moves in, you can’t get much more seminal than the Subaru Impreza. They are the real workhorses of this rally school. They don’t mind how many stalls or spins out you have, these iconic cars just keep on going. Sure, they’re not the latest generation of rally car, but they are certainly one of the best to drive, even years after their WRC heyday. If you like your old school Subaru rallying, you’ll love the adrenaline rally in Northamptonshire!
• Choose from a weekday only voucher or to include weekend availability opt for the anytime voucher
• Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays throughout the year
• Saturdays are also available between March & October
• A valid UK driving licence will need to be shown on the day
• Maximum height is 6ft 6ins
• Maximum weight is 18 stone
• Spectators are very welcome to watch, there are indoor and outdoor viewing areas with great views of the action
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The rally school is opposite Silverstone race circuit midway between Junction 10 of the M40 and Junction 15a of the M1.