• The adopt a donkey gift box will include a welcome letter explaining the gift, a booklet on donkeys, information on the Island Farm Donkey Sanctuary, gift registration instructions and a presentation certificate
• You can choose the donkey you would like to adopt from the enclosed booklet
• After the recipient has registered the adoption they will receive a personalised certificate and a coloured photo of the donkey
What Can I Expect
Adopt a donkey at this sanctuary in Oxfordshire and you will be helping a little donkey to lead a better life in the loving arms of this rescue centre run by a very dedicated team of animal lovers.
All the donkeys staying at the sanctuary are up for adoption and they are there because they have been abused or ill-treated in the past. This registered charity works hard to save them and take them away from a life of being mistreated and neglected. Life at this working farm means the donkeys spend the rest of their days safe, happy and loved - and your adoption ensures the continuing welfare of the donkeys and will help keep the centre running.
The centre is home to lots of different donkeys that are ready to be adopted including geldings and mares, some of whom were born to rescued donkeys at the centre. They've all got such distinct characters too, with Charlie the cheeky gelding rescued from Wales who loves pulling a small plough and hanging out with his stable mate Jack. There's the very photogenic Chocolate who has starred in TV shows and loves nothing more than to attend country fairs to help promote adopting donkeys. Then there's Mr Crusty who was rescued from a pony sale and loves a good dose of fuss and attention. And how could we forget Loppy with his big ears, a rare Andalusian donkey whose adoption story has featured in the news.
Unfortunately, the one thing that they all have in common is that they were badly treated at some point in their lives. There are no sad stories now though, as that's all in the past and these donkeys are happy and secure in their adoptive home on the farm. They even get to give special needs children rides - which makes everyone happy.
Once you've received your adopt a donkey pack, all you have to do is choose the specific donkey you'd like to support and register your adoption. Then wait eagerly for the photograph and a certificate of adoption to arrive. You can also visit the donkey you have adopted at the sanctuary in Oxfordshire during normal opening hours, so you can meet your adoptive donkey face to face and maybe share a carrot or two.
Help a donkey have a better, more cared for life by buying one of our selection of Adopt an Animal gift tins, a perfect gift idea for animal lovers everywhere.
• From the date of registration the adoption will last 12 months
• Purchases made before 11.30am can be posted the same day, Monday to Friday
• Delivery is within the UK only and does not include overseas
• Gift Box upgrades are not available for this product, it comes in a smart presentation box or packaging as standard
• This gift package is produced in association with the Island Farm Donkey Sanctuary
• The organisation does not just concentrate its efforts on one particular donkey; the charity runs various projects that help donkeys in areas where they feel it is most needed
• If for any reason your donkey is unavailable the charity reserves the right to allocate the donation to a different donkey
• For every person that registers their gift approximately 10% of the RRP is donated directly to the Island Farm Donkey Sanctuary
• This is a novelty gift item and must be regarded as such
• You are welcome to visit your adopted donkey at the farm in Oxfordshire, which is open seven days throughout the year from 11am - 4pm
• Admission is free
• Please note that the donkeys cannot be ridden
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The donkey is homed at a Sanctuary in Oxfordshire
• It is a working farm providing homes for many rescued animals