• You should allow 2 hours for this experience
• You will learn about safety awareness and abseiling techniques
• Try out confidence tests and a blind abseil
• The platform used is 30ft (10m)high
• You may form part of a group of up to 12 people
What Can I Expect
Abseiling is a great way to de-stress, unwind and escape to the great outdoors at the same time! This abseiling experience is all about feeding your fear, as you lean back over the edge and drop down a 30ft (10m) high abseil tower near the Ashdown Forest, East Sussex.
This two hour experience is designed for you to learn the basics of abseiling, under the supervision of a fully qualified instructor. Your instructor will run through a safety briefing and some abseiling techniques before it's your turn to have a go. The enthusiasm of the staff really is contagious, meaning you will be sure to have an exciting and enjoyable time.
On most sessions you will have at least 3-4 abseils and once confident, your final abseil will conclude with a little catch - you'll be wearing a blindfold!
From complete beginners to those who have tried abseiling many times before, the sessions will be tailored to suit your own experience.
• The experience runs on selected weekend dates from March to October (inclusive) with at least one date per month
• The maximum weight limit is 18 stone (115kgs)
• Minimum age is 18 years
• There is no maximum age limit however you need to be reasonably agile to get the most from this experience
• You may be in a group of up to 12 people
• All abseiling and safety equipment is supplied
• Participants are encouraged to wear comfortable clothing (no jeans) and trainers
• Spectators are allowed although numbers are restricted
• Also they will need to have their own transport to travel to and from the venue
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• There are no shops near the venue so participants are encouraged to bring their own refreshments
If you'd like to try rock climbing and abseiling check out this other nearby location.
• Broadstone Warren, Sussex