• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• 3 sighting laps as a passenger to learn the racing lines and braking points
• 1 high speed passenger lap in a track prepared sports car (Evo X, Impreza STi or BMW M3)
• Drive the Porsche GT2 for 10 laps under 1:1 instruction
• Take part in the optional 'Racing Line Trophy Challenge' on the last two laps, where you will be assessed on the accuracy of the racing line, driver control and steering input to demonstrate the perfect track lap
• Each lap is approximately 1km
• Performance driving debrief with your instructor
• Experiences last approximately one and a half hours
• This experience is available as a driving or passenger experience
What Can I Expect
Say hello to the Porsche GT2. This is the car some say Porsche should never have built. Not because it’s not very nice looking or technically deficient in any way, but because many say it’s just too hot to handle both on and off the track. So, you will need courage and driver skill if you’re going to get the best out of this Porsche GT2 experience!
You will be driving a 996 generation Porsche 911 GT2. Produced by Porsche to be a race-ready GT car that could be bought off the shelf, this is a 996 that has been given a serious makeover. For starters, the usual Porsche all wheel drive has gone. That means the GT2 is lighter (and therefore faster) and it also means it’s rear wheel drive, which is a whole different ball game when it comes to handling.
Add to that a twin turbocharged 3.6l engine with those upgraded brakes, suspension, air intakes and huge rear wheel spoiler and the GT2 is the angry cousin of the 996. Even the nose has been more aggressively styled, aiding the drag coefficient and reflecting the extra ‘bite’ this car has at the same time.
And it can be seriously snappy. With the only driver aid you get being ABS, taking this rear wheel drive beast out on the track will be the scariest, yet most thrilling drive you’ve had. No wonder they nicknamed the Porsche GT2 the widowmaker. This is the car where you are traction control - there’s nothing else to help you tame this car!
Slide into the body-hugging seats and you’ll feel nicely cocooned. The driving position is ergonomically engaging as you’d expect from Porsche. Look at the dashboard and you’ll see it’s the rev counter that is the largest, most dominantly-placed dial right in front of you. We think that says something about what driving a Porsche GT2 is all about.
After sighting laps in a performance car with an instructor driving, you get 10 laps in the superlative Porsche GT2 around the circuit, where this car performs at its best. Let’s see if you can turn the widow maker into the pure, unadulterated smile maker out there.
• Selected weekdays throughout the year
• Upgrades to include Saturday mornings are available for £39 when booking your date
• Experiences are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Height restrictions: minimum 5ft, maximum 6ft 4ins
• Weight restrictions: maximum 18 stone
• A full manual driving licence is required (if driving)
• Participants must be physically fit with no serious health conditions
• Minimum age 5 for passenger experience
• Spectators are welcome to come along
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Refreshments and snacks are available to purchase onsite
• Flat soled shoes must be worn
• Glasses must be worn if needed
• Drivers will need to sign a form accepting risk and vehicle damage liability of £1400+VAT alternatively a £25 Collision Damage Waiver can be paid with zero excess
• Bovingdon Airfield, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire