• Experiences are 1:1 with a qualified instructor
• Welcome, introduction and safty briefing with refreshments provided
• Choose from a one hour experience with approximately 50 minutes drive time or a two hour experience giving you around one hour and 50 minutes at the wheel
• You will be shown techniques to enable you to take on the extreme off road course in a Land Rover Discovery
• Learn to handle the vehicle on a variety of different terrains
• The off road course takes you over large rocks, through tunnels and gullies, over fallen trees and under low hanging branches and includes steep descents, ascents and slippery slopes
• Off road training in the Land Rover Discovery
• Once training is over you will drive a competition prepared V8 Trials Landrover
• The challenging course tests your throttle control and nerve as you follow the twisty route including rock crawls, concrete pipe crossings, bridges, steep climbs and drops and mud runs
What Can I Expect
Try your hand at some extreme off-road driving with our 4x4 Somerset activity; a specially-designed safari course guaranteed to get your blood pumping and a trials circuit to get your heart racing - and both will get your nerves buzzing!
Whether you’re new to off-roading, or you’ve been handling these powerhouse machines for years, there is something to challenge everyone at this amazing Somerset venue which is actually on the Bath and West showground site. At this centre you can choose between a 4x4 Safari and the 4x4 Trials session, both of which will demand concentration and determination from any driver to succeed.
If you go for the safari, you will be driving a standard Land Rover 4x4 vehicle, one of the many that make up this impressive Somerset fleet. The obstacle safari is a tight, twisting course packed with tricky things like seesaws, low-lying branches, large rocks and deep gullies for you to explore, not to mention the 100ft mud run and the 40ft tunnel!
And much like ski resorts, there are green, red and black routes here, with the aim of having a run to suit all levels of cross-country competency. Of course, your instructor is there to guide you and give advice and tips on how to overcome those bumps and drops, but fundamentally it's up to you to get your 4x4 to the end of this demanding Somerset course.
If you fancy trying the off road discipline of trials 4x4ing, this Somerset team is offering experiences in modified Land Rover trucks to tackle the gruelling woodland trials course. We are talking competition-prepared V8 Landys that are usually reserved for the pros, with full roll cage and upgraded suspension to name but two of the mods on these mud-munching beasts.
As you’ll soon learn, trial 4x4 driving is all about throttle control and vehicle positioning, as you head straight up wooded banks in the fastest time possible, whilst making sure you don’t hit any course markers - or trees for that matter. It’s challenging stuff and makes for a unique twist on the usual 4x4 drive.
However you decide to take on your off-roading exploration, we’re sure you and anyone else interested in dirt-track driving will love our 4x4 Somerset packages where you’ll be getting seriously stuck into a pedal-pounding, chassis-crunching driving expedition in a proper off roading Landy!
• The activities operate on most weekdays and weekends
• Morning and afternoon sessions are usually available
• Minimum age 18
• You must hold a valid driving licence to take part
• This activity is not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• You are advised to wear sturdy footwear and clothing which you don't mind getting muddy
• Bath and West Showground in Somerset