• Choose from a one hour or two hour off road lesson for two people
• Welcome, safety briefing and instruction by a BORDA instructor
• Driving time will be split between you with demonstration by your instructor
Multi Activity Driving Offer
• A Shared One Hour Off Road session
• A skid control session for two people
• Learn emergency braking, front and rear wheel slides, skid prevention, tyre blow out, locked wheels, slippery surface skills and correcting skids
• Allow between 2.5 and 3 hours in total for this experience
What Can I Expect
Take the road less travelled in a 4x4 in Shropshire! With the choice of testing your own motor’s capabilities, or using one of the company’s fleet of all terrain vehicles, this is a memorable way to pit human skill against Mother Nature in an unforgettable off-road driving experience.
Stuart who owns and manages this friendly off road driving school has been 4x4 driving for a very long time and has access to around 20 different sites in and around Shropshire. Some of the sites are purpose-built by Land Rover for professional 4x4 driver training, with steep ascents, water holes and log bridges for testing your balancing skills. Others come with natural obstacles like woodland trails, rivers, ravines and even quarries for that ‘lunar landscape’ feel – and who could forget the ascents on the mountain trails that pepper this beautiful part of the country?
For these hour-long taster sessions in Shropshire, most pupils go to the 4x4 obstacle course in Chirk near Oswestry, with its V-shaped gullies, deep trenches and over-the-bonnet water troughs all spread out over two acres of gruelling landscape. Brilliantly laid out and full of challenges, we think you’ll love it.
This Shropshire centre is BORDA (British Off Road Driving Association) approved, so you can be guaranteed that your safety, as well as the maximum amount of enjoyment, is a priority at all times. Throughout your 4x4 session you’ll be accompanied by Stuart or one of his team of experienced instructors who’ll talk you through the necessary techniques to help you overcome whatever the track throws at you.
Your voucher gives two people the chance to take part in this memorable off-road sport, so it’s the perfect gift for men, women, couples or siblings looking for some wheel-to-wheel competition. The hour is split equally and exclusively between the two participants, so you both get the maximum time behind the wheel, as well as personalised tuition throughout the lesson. Get a feel for true off-roading and take a 4x4 around Shropshire to enjoy this spectacular county in a completely new way. It’s driving, but not as you know it.
• Available on selected dates throughout the year
• All participants must hold a UK driving licence
• Excellent course for all drivers to learn/improve their off road safety skills
• Not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Participants are advised to wear clothing that they do not mind getting dirty
• Chirk near Oswestry, Shropshire
• The venue is easily reached by the M6, M54 and M53