• 4x4 passenger thrill experience
• Instructor driven riding thrill over challenging terrain including hills and slopes
• You will form part of a group of up to 4
• Ride time is based on a 10 minute per person ratio (ie if there are two people on the ride it will last for 20 mins and if there are three 30 minutes etc)
• Vehicles used include the the Land Rover 110 and the Land Rover Discovery however exact vehicles cannot be guaranteed
• Please allow up to one hour on site for this experience
What Can I Expect
No matter where you live in the country you can enjoy a 4x4 ride! Thats because we’ve got 4x4 demos at offroad venues the length and breadth of the country, with the very best in 4x4 vehicles revved up and waiting for you. These passenger rides all have the same aim: to show you just what these 4x4s can do.
When we say thrill ride you might think of high speed and acceleration. In the case of a 4x4 passenger ride, it’s all about low speeds and torque, but that doesn’t mean a ride in an off roader is any less thrilling. Far from it in fact. These vehicles are tough, well-built and scared of nothing. They go places you would never even dream of attempting in your average family hatchback.
Some of the settings for these 4x4 passenger experiences are pretty wild. We’re talking former quarries and airfields, forests and riverside tracks too. Most use the natural topography of the land to its best advantage, adding in some classic manmade obstacles to add an extra dimension for drivers and passengers. A see-saw here, a log roll there and some very steep drops, all to get the thrill levels increased, even though you’re nowhere near breaking the speed limit!
It’s worth noting how these passenger rides work. The cars can seat up to four passengers, with your expert 4x4 instructor at the wheel. Each participant has an allocated ten or so minutes for their experience, but when passengers are grouped together, the ride time is accumulated. So, for example, if there are three of you in the car, you’ll all be out on the track in the same car together for 30 minutes.
No matter how long you are out on the circuit for in the 4x4, one thing’s for sure - it’s going to be a thrilling ride. Expect bumps, lumps, some chassis rattling and even a bit of side sliding. It’s certainly true these off road vehicles can get themselves into some sticky situations, but never fear, these formidable 4x4s can power their way out of them too.
Book in for a 4x4 ride and let your off road expert demonstrate just what a beefed up off road vehicle can do. Witnessing the moves from inside the car as a passenger really brings the whole thing to life as you pick your way through rocks, water troughs and rutted tracks in an impressive display of 4x4ing prowess.
• Selected weekends throughout the year
• Sessions generally operate in the afternoons
• Minimum age 12
• Under 16s must be accompanied by a participating adult
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Aldermaston, Berkshire
• Shipston on Stour, Cotswolds
• Durham, Northeast
• Honiton, Devon
• Ferrybridge, West Yorkshire
• South Bristol
• Swansea Valley, South Wales
• Wrexham, North Wales
• Romsey, Hants
• Grantham, Lincolnshire