• Exclusive off-roading experience
• 1:1 tuition from qualified and LANTRA approved instructors
• Learn off-roading skills as you drive across exciting terrain and up slopes you didn't think were possible to climb!
• The fleet consists of Toyota Hilux Pick-Up trucks and Mark 1 Land Rover Discoveries
• Sessions are tailor-made to individuals experience and requirements
• The centre boasts a diverse off-road course to experience the amazing capabilities of 4x4s
• A short demonstration drive from your the instructor followed by your chosen drive time
One Hour Session
• Approximately 40 minutes driving time
• Experience a real flavour of off road driving
• Tackle steep hills and a host of fun obstacles
Two Hour Session
• Around one and a half hours of driving time
• Learn some basic off road techniques and navigate plenty of challenging tracks
Three Hour Session
• Around two and half hours behind the wheel
• Acquire a better understanding of vehicle control
• Develop a more demanding combination of tracks
• Refine your skills driving over different environment
• Opportunity to drive both the Toyota and Land Rover vehicles (subject to availability
What Can I Expect
Exclusive one-to-one tuition puts you in the driving seat of a 4x4 in Canterbury! We are offering one, two or three-hours of personal tuition at this dedicated 4x4 area on the 3000-acre Eastwell Park Estate situated between Canterbury and Ashford.
You’ll discover first hand the wealth of surfaces to drive on and in, with chalk, clay, sand, mud runs and even water crossings to test those axles and suspension struts. As well as using the established 'green lane' off road tracks and trails that criss-cross this Kent estate, on these experiences you'll be able to have a go at test circuit.
This off road test circuit has been purpose built and specifically designed to test your nerve and powers of concentration, as you negotiate the steepest banks, ruts, side slopes and more.
As for the tuition, it's top class. Headed up by Guy Tombs, an ex military off road instructor, this official LANTRA centre near Canterbury has been teaching 4x4s skills to recreational users and those who need to drive off roaders in an occupational setting, since 1991.
The modern fleet of motors includes the unbelievably agile Toyota Hilux pick up (with switchable 2WD and 4WD gearboxes) and the iconic Land Rover Discovery. These are the sorts of 4x4 beasts you will driving at this beautiful private Kent venue. Who'd have thought Canterbury could be full of so much driving excitement?
Before you go off in a gnarly 4x4 around the Canterbury countryside, your instructor will take you for a short demo ride. Then it's over to you to try and make mincemeat of the off road challenges ahead. Don’t forget, these are private off-roading lessons, so your exclusive one-on-one time will be totally geared towards you.
• Available 7 days a week including bank holidays (excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day)
• Weekday offer vouchers are available Monday-Friday only throughout the year
• Minimum age is 17
• A full driving licence must be shown on the day
• There are no height or weight restrictions
• The site is exposed and conditions underfoot can be wet and muddy, so appropriate outdoor clothing and sturdy footwear is recommended
• Non participating spectators are welcome to come along however there are no views of the driving area
• 2 guests can ride in the vehicle for a one off fee payable on the day
One hour - £20 for two passengers
Two hour - £30 for two passengers or shared driving
Three hour - £40 for two passengers or shared driving
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• There is an indoor guest area with tables and seating and toilet facilities
• Tea and coffee is available to purchase
• You are welcome to bring your own food
• Eastwell Manor offers accommodation, bars and restaurant facilities, the 4x4 centre can often arrange special deals and discounts
• Specific vehicles can be requested at the time of booking but can not be guaranteed
• Eastwell Park Estate near Ashford - a stunning country house estate set within 3,000 aces of woodland, fields and lawns.