A 1:1 Off-Roading Experience
• A demonstration drive from the instructor
• One hour session: Approximately 40 minutes driving time
• Two hour session: Around one and a half hours of driving time
• Three hour session: Around two and half hours behind the wheel
What Can I Expect
Clamber into the driving seat of a 4x4 in Canterbury and get a taste of what off road driving in the heart of the Kentish countryside is all about! What's more, it's one on one tuition to really concentrate on conquering those obstacles.
Taking place in a dedicated 4x4 area at the 3,000 acre Eastwell Park Estate between Canterbury and Ashford, you will soon discover the wealth of surfaces to drive on and in, with chalk, clay, sand, mud runs and even water crossings to test those axles and suspension struts. As well as using the established 'green lane' off road tracks and trails that criss-cross this Kent estate, on these experiences you'll be able to have a go at the purpose built off road test circuit, which is specifically designed to test your nerve and powers of concentration, as you negotiate the steepest banks, ruts, side slopes and more.
As for the tuition, it's top class. The company here just outside Canterbury has been giving lessons in 4x4s to recreational users and those who need to drive off roaders in an occupational setting, since 1991. Headed up by Guy Tombs, an ex military off road instructor, the team of instructors are all fully qualified and have been chosen for their ability to pass on their off road driving knowledge - plus they know all the ins and outs of the course.
The modern fleet of motors includes the unbelievably agile Toyota Hilux pick up (with switchable 2WD and 4WD gearboxes) and the iconic Land Rover Discovery. These are the sorts of 4x4 beast you will driving at this beautiful private Kent venue. Who'd have thought Canterbury could be full of so much driving excitement!
Before you go off in a gnarly 4x4 around the Canterbury countryside, your instructor will take you for a short demo ride. Then it's over to you to try and make mincemeat of the off road challenges ahead. For the ultimate off road experience, we recommend going for a three hour session, giving you plenty of extra driving time in the 4x4 to experience ploughing through those muddy runs. By the end of the day you might very well be driving the same route driven by your instructor during the demo drive!
• Available 7 days a week including bank holidays (excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day)
• Weekday offer vouchers are available Monday-Friday only throughout the year
• Minimum age is 17
• A full driving licence must be shown on the day
• There are no height or weight restrictions
• The site is exposed and conditions underfoot can be wet and muddy, so appropriate outdoor clothing and sturdy footwear is recommended
• Non participating spectators are welcome to come along however there are no views of the driving area
• 2 guests can ride in the vehicle for a one off fee payable on the day
One hour - £20 for two passengers
Two hour - £30 for two passengers or shared driving
Three hour - £40 for two passengers or shared driving
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• There is an indoor guest area with tables and seating and toilet facilities
• Tea and coffee is available to purchase
• You are welcome to bring your own food
• Eastwell Manor offers accommodation, bars and restaurant facilities, the 4x4 centre can often arrange special deals and discounts
• Eastwell Park Estate near Ashford - a stunning country house estate set within 3,000 aces of woodland, fields and lawns.