A 'Wet and Wild' Powerboat Experience
• Safety briefing and introduction to the boats before getting changed into your powerboat kit and safety gear
• One Hour in a Honda 150 racing powerboat with around 10 minutes personal drive time
• Full instruction from the skipper as you test the offshore racing circuit
• A break in the marina bar restaurant/cafe
• A Jet Viper thrill demonstrating donuts, crash stops, side slides and spins for around 60 minutes
• At the end of your experience you will receive complimentary photographs of the two boats
• You will spend a minimum of 2 hours in total on the water
• Please allow for up to 4 hours on site for this experience
What Can I Expect
Experience not one, but two high-speed boats on this Wet and Wild Powerboat Adventure day in Southampton!
During your first mission it'll be you at the wheel of a thrilling powerboat. A fully qualified skipper will be on hand to give you all the training you need to take a powerful Honda racing speedboat around the offshore race circuit. We're talking amazing cornering speeds, getting the boat's hull out of the water, flying above the waves and generally having it large on the water. And yes, you'll be allowed to drive this boat like you stole it!
After all that adrenaline, it's time for a break in the marina cafe, before you meet your next vessel - a 450bhp Jet Viper. This is a proper racing boat that’s easily the fastest craft out on the waves. It's all about harnessing that power to literally skim across the water at a rate of knots that feels pretty much close to vertical take off speed.
It's so gnarly that you'll be dressed in proper jet boat racing gear for your passenger ride. You can pretty much guarantee there will be plenty of that 'wind in your hair' stuff going on, along with lots of splashing from the wake the boat creates, as your expert driver pulls doughnuts, crash stops, side slides and even spins.
Of course, the waterways have speed limits in the harbour areas, so as you leave Southampton's Shamrock Quay marina (past the admiring glances) you'll be at a leisurely pace, until you reach the open waters of the Solent. Now here's the moment your skipper will open up the throttle and give his boating beauty a real blast.
Just to recap, on this Wet and Wild Powerboat Adventure you will first get to have a go skippering a full-spec Honda racing powerboat (including a few runs round the buoys on the race course), before your second outing as a passenger on the impressive Jet Viper. We think this is a great day out on the water!
• Available on selected weekend dates from May to October
• This experience is weather dependent
• Minimum age is 12 years
• Under 16's must be accompanied by an adult
• Maximum weight 18 stone
• Participants must be able to fit into a standard life jacket
• The experience is not suitable for pregnant women or people with back, neck or leg injuries
• Spectators are welcome to watch the departure and arrival
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• There is free parking, toilets, changing areas and catering facilities available onsite
• Shamrock Quay, Southampton.