• A tour on a 1960s Routemaster London Bus
• A historical trip with a twist throughout time
• View the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Downing Street, St Paul's Cathedral, The Tower of London, Tower Bridge and London Bridge
• Allow one and a quarter hours for this experience
What Can I Expect
Tamper with time when you hop onboard the London time tour bus! Let the ever-so-slightly eccentric Professor Quantum and his time team show you the sights of Old London on this fun trip for all the family. Prepare yourselves for a magical journey with a difference…
You will be travelling around central London on a beautifully restored 1960s Routemaster bus. However, once onboard, you'll realise this is no ordinary double decker. Indeed, there's a strange mix of the old and the new, with a high-tech audio visual system that could be from the future and some very strange-looking gadgetry too.
'That, my friend', as the inimitable Professor would say, 'is my patented time travel technology'. As he starts to manipulate time, you'll tour London discovering what it was like on the olden days, where beheadings, invasions, plagues and peasant un-rest was the norm. Then there's a look at current London and even a little peek at what's to come - he's been there already after all!
But who is old Quanto, as he is affectionately known? His bus tour colleagues will tell you his origins are elusive, but with a sharp wit, he's scientifically literate and historically accurate too in his comedic presentation of London life through the ages. Indeed, this undisputed master of time lists his hobbies as 'hot baths, vanilla ice cream and reading books about trans-dimensional interstellar quantum particle theory and its applied uses in time travel' (not all at the same time we presume), so prepare for a time-twisting tour.
During the voyage your knowledgable host will share anecdotes and stories about his travels (he's seen pretty much everything through the centuries, after all). He'll point out the places where all the action took place and you might even see some footage of the events and fascinating historical figures too, thanks to Pro Quanto's time phone.
We think riding around on a London time tour bus is one of the most entertaining ways to visit the capital. Why bother trying to get to grips with the tube map or getting lost on foot when you can just let this expert of time guide you around old, new and future London?
• Every Saturday and Sunday at 14:40
• Daily tours run during school holidays
• The tour does not run on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve or New Years Day
• Child tickets are for ages 5-15
• Children aged 15 and under must be accompanied by a participating adult
• One child under five may travel free of charge if no seat is occupied
• There is no wheelchair access but a manual ramp may be used for those requiring mobility assistance with help by the driver and conductor
• There will be an induction loop fitted on the bus to aid those with hearing impairments
• There are no toilet facilities on the bus
• No food or drink may be consumed apart from bottled water or soft drinks
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The bus will depart from Northumberland Avenue, Trafalgar Square, London
• Nearest undergrounds are Charing Cross or Embankment
• Check in at least ten minutes before departure time
• Departure times are prompt and the bus will not wait