• London Taste Explorer Pack for Two People
• Packs include maps, expert tips and tasting guides, recipe cards, location fact cards
• 2 x 8 explorer cards with exclusive tasting experiences and special offers that can be redeemed at the time of your tasting
• Discover the best chocolate in London
• Map to more than 30 chocolate artisans
• Tasting experiences for two at 8 featured locations
• Find your perfect coffee
• Map to more than 100 gourmet coffee shops
• Sample coffee each at 8 featured locations
• Discover the artisan beer scene in London
• Beer recipe cards and history fact cards
• Sample delicious beer at each of the 6 featured locations
What Can I Expect
Now here’s a great little idea - a unique sort of self-guided tour of London, combined with tasting vouchers! With these Taste Explorer packages, you will be sampling the best coffee, chocolate or beer that artisan London has to offer, every step of the way.
The way these self-guided tours work is really clever. The explorer pack you receive has all the info you need (and more) to be able to wander around the capital, tasting as you go, with the help of the online Taste Tripper Explorer app. You’ll need one internet-connected ‘phone for each taste explorer participant.
Let's take the London coffee tour, for example. You will be able to see over 100 hand-picked and expert-recommended coffee shops on your detailed map. Once you’ve selected and arrived at your chosen coffee location, you simply activate the relevant online voucher (you have eight in total) and that will be exchanged for your coffee tasting experience. It could be an espresso, a flat white or anything from the coffee menu - it depends on the venue.
Having sampled your caffeinated delight, your online activation also unlocks a deal that you can benefit from with in-shop purchases. It could be a buy one get one free deal on coffee beans, or 20% off a funky cup, but it has to be done at the time of tasting, so make sure you don’t miss out on the best coffee deals in London!
The chocolate explorer works in the same way. You have eight vouchers each to visit some of London’s best chocolatiers to taste their finest wares. Again, the tasting might vary and it could anything from a 10 minute tour of their chocolate laboratory, to a presentation of their award-winning truffle which you then get to sample for yourself.
When it comes to the beer of tour of London, it’s craft beer all the way as you visit the highly skilled, smaller, independent brewers and retailers who are making craft beer in the capital into a veritable art form. And a very tasty one at that, with six online tasting vouchers to activate per person. You might get to learn about the brewing process, or you might taste a newly launched beer.
Whichever self-guided tour you choose, it’s all at your own pace and doesn’t need to be done all on one day. Perhaps just as well, as eight espressos in one tour might be a bit much, even for hardcore coffee fans. No doubt the chocolate and the beer versions will be deemed infinitely do-able in a day, though! We think these are great presents for foodies to be able to combine tasting and exploring in London.
• Explorer packs can be redeemed during normal shop opening times
• You don't need to 'spend' your tasting vouchers all in one day - they are valid indefinitely
• Vouchers are valid for 9 months from the date of purchase
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating adult
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Locations where your taster cards can be redeemed are printed on each card