• A tour lasting approximately one hour hosted by professional actors
• Choose from a two course meal from a set menu at the following restaurants:
The Strand Thai Square, Pizza Express The Strand, The Strand
Fire & Stone, Covent Garden, Palm Court, Boulevard Brasserie
What Can I Expect
Treat yourselves to a Drury Lane Theatre Tour and see just what goes on backstage! Officially called the Theatre Royal, there has been a theatre on this site in Covent Garden since 1603. The theatre, as it stands today, was built in 1812 and has hosted many an award-winning show, from Miss Saigon to Shrek The Musical. This tour gives you a real insight into London's theatreland, with a two course meal included too!
The theatre tour will be led by one of the professional actors based at the Drury Lane. Lasting around an hour, you will have time to see what secrets the theatre holds in the wings and behind the curtain including dressing rooms, the lighting gallery and the daunting view from the stage the actors get as soon as the curtain goes up. Watch out for ghosts too, as apparently the Drury Lane theatre is one of the most haunted!
As well as your Drury Lane theatre tour this experience also includes a two course meal at a choice of renowned local restaurants - all within easy distance of the Drury Lane theatre.
• Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 2:15pm & 4:15pm
• Wednesday and Saturday 10:30am & 11:45am
• Tour times may be subject to change depending on the requirements of the current production
• Valid until 30th June 2018
• The restaurants will usually expect pre-theatre bookings at 6pm, and 12.30 or 1pm for lunches
• Not suitable for babies, small infants and there is no disabled access
• Not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Bookings must be made in advance and dates are subject to availability
• Drury Lane Theatre, Covent Garden, London