• Life jackets are provided and are compulsory for all participants
• Waterproof sailing jackets, trousers and goggles are available
• The RIB can accommodate up to 12 people
Ultimate Canary Wharf Voyage
• A RIB Experience from the London Eye to Canary Wharf and back
• Approximately 50 minutes out on the river
Thames Barrier Explorer
• A RIB Experience from the London Eye to the Thames Barrier and back
• Approximately 80 minutes out on the river
What Can I Expect
A London RIB experience offers an exhilarating new way to see London from the River Thames in a speed boat! Voted one of the top five things to do in the capital, these experiences in a Rigid Inflatable Boat allow you to explore the landmarks with great manoeuvrability - it's all about high thrills on the Thames.
These purpose built, twin engined, 12 seater Rigid Inflatable Boats have been specially designed to be safe, comfortable, quiet and very fast. In fact, they can reach up to 35 knots, even 'pulling some G', so as you speed along in the boat you can cover large distances on the Thames whilst getting to experience the most spirited sightseeing tour ever devised. It's definitely a case of more speed, more style and more sights with this set up!
Your experienced skipper and guide will provide you with a wealth of information that will intrigue and entertain in a way that's a notch above the usual Thames experience by boat. Oh and speeding at a rate of knots in the RIB doesn't mean you miss any of the sights, it just means you get from to the next much more quickly! Of course, safety remains paramount throughout and you will have a dockside briefing and be kitted out in buoyancy aids too
We are offering two different RIB experiences. The 'Ultimate' Canary Wharf itinerary visits points of interest from the Houses of Parliament to Canary Wharf including the London Eye, Somerset House, OXO Tower, Globe Theatre, St Paul's Cathedral and Tower Bridge. The extended Thames Barrier speed boat experience gives you a whopping 80 minutes out on the water and you'll go all the way from the London Eye down stream to the impressive flood barrier on the outskirts of the city, checking out all the sights in between.
Why not charter your own RIB and fill it with family or friends for the ultimate RIB experience? It makes an unusual birthday gift or office event and everyone will love the experience of being on the Thames in a speed boat. Alternative gift experience days are on offer from IntotheBlue's main home page.
Ultimate London Adventure
• 7 days a week from March to October
• Experiences usually run between 10.00am till dusk
• From November to February experiences run Thursdays and Fridays from 11:00 - 16:00 and Saturdays and Sunday from 10:00 - 16:00 every hour
• Offer Vouchers: No more than 4 vouchers may be purchased per person (maximum 4 seats per sailing)
Thames Barrier Explorer Cruises
• Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays throughout the year
• From November to February experiences run Fridays at 16:00, Saturdays at 10:00 and 16:00 and Sundays at 10:00 and 16:00
• From March to October experiences run on Fridays at 16:30 and Saturdays and Sundays at 13:00 and 17:30
• Experiences run at least once daily
• All bookings are subject to availability and guests should book at least two weeks in advance, especially in peak season
• Experiences do not run from the 24th December to the 1st January
• There are no age or weight restrictions
• Under 14's must be accompanied by an adult
• Participants will need to be able to climb onboard and sit on an individual seat for the duration of the trip
• All boats can experience unpredictable movements that can aggravate existing medical conditions
• The experiences are unsuitable for expectant mothers at any stage of pregnancy
• Family tickets are valid for 2 adults and 2 children under 14
• Spectators are welcome to watch the RIB depart/arrive.
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The RIB Experiences can accommodate people with some disabilities. The boat has been approved by the SCOPE and there are specially designed stability rails on board
• You are advised to wear sensible clothing bearing in mind it is usually cooler out on the river. Flat soled shoes are recommended.
• Trip Advisor #1 Attraction in London
• Depart from London Waterloo Millennium Pier located underneath the London Eye.