Tank Driving Experience
• Welcome and safety briefing on driving techniques
• Drive a FV432 tank for 20-25 minutes on a purpose built multi-terrain track
• Please allow 60-90 minutes for this experience
Ultimate Tank Driving
• In addition to the above you will also drive a Leyland DAF 4x4 Army Truck and a Land Rover for 15-20 minutes in each
• Allow between 2-2.5 hours on site for this experience
What Can I Expect
Test your mettle with a spot of tank driving in Oxfordshire - and a whole lot more! The very wonderful Bicester Heritage is basecamp for your military vehicle and tank driving experience.
Being a former RAF station packed full of original 1940s features, it’s like rolling back time to world war two days. We are offering two different tank driving packages here for you in Oxfordshire.
All experiences start with a welcome onto this very special ex-RAF site. It is now a mecca for historic and racing vehicles of all ages and kinds, with many specialist operators (including your tank driving hosts) and automotive artisans installed within the Bicester Heritage site. There’s literally history all around you, but get ready to make a little bit history for yourself as you build up to driving a genuine ex-Army FV432 APC.
Now you’re ready to drive the big one. The FV432 tank is the star of the show at Bicester and it’s easy to see why. Weighing in at fifteen tons, the GKN Sankey-built APCs are powered by roaring 240hp Rolls Royce engines. Start her up and get ready to make a proper racket as you power your way around the off road track.
If you choose the ultimate tank driving experience at Bicester Heritage, you can add a 4x4 Army truck and a Land Rover to your portfolio of drives. The Leyland Daf truck is genuine ex-Army (who knows what peace keeping missions this boy went on?) and is about as tough and durable as they come. And despite their bulk, they are actually capable of up to 60mph on bumpy off road surfaces.
The Landy needs no introduction. Despite being best-selling road going cars, the heritage and history of these vehicles is very much in the military. You’ll get a taste of what driving an Army Land Rover is like - but don’t go expecting any of your usual refinements like heated leather seats, interactive touch screen and bluetooth onboard. This is back to basics in Bicester!
Just as we said, this tank driving in Oxfordshire isn’t only about driving fully-tracked vehicles. It’s an eclectic mix of military motoring that’ll have you enthralled from the moment you arrive at the Bicester Heritage centre!
• Selected weekend and weekdays throughout the year
• Dates and session times are subject to availability
• Minimum age 18
• Participants must have held a full UK driving licence for over 12 months
• Spectators are welcome
• Passenger rides are available in the tank for £10 per person payable on the day
• Minimum age for passenger rides is 5
• Under 16s must be accompanied by a participating adult
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Bicester, Oxfordshire