• Drive two vehicles from the Transformers movies
• 3 miles driving 'Bumblebee'
• 20 minutes driving 'Optimus Prime'
• Introduction and safety briefing from fully qualified instructors
• Allow approximately 2 hours on site for this experience
• 'Bumblebee' - Chevrolet Camero ZL1 600+ BHP
• 'Optimus Prime' - authentic Peterbilt 379
What Can I Expect
Autobots, transform and roll out - you’re going on a Transformer drive! On this Transformer driving experience you'll be behind the wheel of a duo of vehicles. Both of them look uncannily like the ones featured in the various Transformers movies that you all know and love.
Of course, they aren’t the actual vehicles that appeared in the films, but they are very realistic. The big star of this Transformer driving experience is Optimus Prime for sure. He’s the undisputed leader of the Autobots and he’s a very, very large American all-singing and all-dancing truck. But he’s also much more than that…
Undoubtedly one of the favourite Transformers ever, driving Optimus Prime is a real thrill for fans young and old. He’s got that strong moral character and those excellent leadership skills. He’s a brilliant tactician, he's a fearless decision maker and boasts some rather fine martial arts skills too. Is there anything this mighty 600bhp, 18 gear truck can’t do?
And we have to say, he certainly stands out amongst all the other cars at the track. Even colleague Bumblebee looks small next to him. He’s a classic long-nose Peterbuilt 379 that you're sure to have seen in the Transformer films, complete with that dramatic flame livery on the sides of the cab and lots of that all-American shiny chrome too.
Having driven the leader of the Autobot Transformers, it’s time to take one of Optimus Prime’s best buddies out for a spin. Bumblebee is a bright yellow Chevrolet Camaro ZL1. He’s determined and brave - and one of Prime’s most trusted Lieutenants. This driving experience gives you the chance to see what this modern take on a classic American muscle car can do around the track.
If you’re a fan of the films or American motors in general, this Transformer drive is truly the ultimate experience for you!
• Selected weekday dates throughout the year, subject to availability
• Sessions are available from 08:30 to 15:30
• Dates and session times are subject to availability at your chosen location
• Upgrades to include weekend dates can be arranged for a £25 fee payable when booking your date
• Minimum age 17*
• This is not suitable is you have back, neck or knee problems
• A full driving licence is required and must be produced on the day
*To ride as a passenger in 'Optimus Prime' and drive 'Bumblebee' the minimum age is reduced to 10
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• An insurance damage waiver is available to take out on the day for an additional £25
• The vehicles used in this experience were not used in the filming Transformers
• Cotswold Airport, Cirencester
• Abingdon Airfield, Oxfordshire
• Tockwith, North Yorkshire
• Bentwaters Park, Suffolk
• Perranporth Airfield, Cornwall (Limited availability)
• Blyton Park, Lincolnshire