• Drive three vehicles from the Transformers movies
• 3 laps driving 'Bumblebee'
• 3 laps driving 'Barricade'
• 20 minutes driving 'Optimus Prime'
• Each lap is approximately 1 mile
• Introduction and safety briefing from fully qualified instructors
• Allow approximately 2 hours on site for this experience
• 'Bumblebee' - Chevrolet Camero ZL1 600+ BHP
• 'Barricade' - 2006 Ford Mustang GT
• 'Optimus Prime' - 600bhp, 18 gear Kenworth W900 series truck
What Can I Expect
Autobots, transform and roll out - you’re going on a Transformer drive! This is the ultimate Transformer driving experience. You'll be behind the wheel of a trio of vehicles that look just the ones featured in the various Transformers movies.
Of course, they aren’t the actual vehicles that appeared in the films, but they are very realistic. The big star of this Transformer driving experience is Optimus Prime for sure. He’s the undisputed leader of the Autobots and he’s a very, very large American all-singing and all-dancing truck. But he’s also much more than that…
Undoubtedly one of the favourite Transformers ever, driving Optimus Prime is a real thrill for fans young and old. He’s got that strong moral character, those excellent leadership skills. He’s a brilliant tactician, he's a fearless decision maker and boasts some rather fine martial arts skills too. Is there anything this mighty 600bhp, 18 gear truck can’t do?
And we have to say, he certainly stands out amongst all the other cars at the track. Even colleagues Barricade and Bumblebee look small next to him. He’s a classic long-nose style Kenworth W900 truck and very close cousin to the Peterbuilt 379 that you've probably seen in the Transformer films. And if you’re of a certain age, you might recognise that distinctive Kenworth styling from the seminal road convoy movie ‘Smokey and the Bandit’ and James Bond film ‘Licence to Kill’ too.
Having driven the leader of the Autobot Transformers, it’s time to take one of Optimus Prime’s best buddies out for a spin. Bumblebee is a bright yellow Chevrolet Camaro ZL1. He’s determined and brave - and one of Prime’s most trusted Lieutenants. This driving experience gives you the chance to see what this modern take on a classic American muscle car can do around the track.
This ultimate session gives you one more drive to complete your Transformer-themed driving day - Barricade. He’s a devilishly deadly Decepticon who loves nothing more than to get into a fight with an Autobot. When Starscream utters those words “This is Starscream: all Deceptions mobilise” Barricade is en-route and ready. In reality, Barricade is a Ford Mustang police cruiser, so let’s see how well you get on patrolling the race track!
If you’re a fan of the films or American motors, this Transformer drive is truly the ultimate experience for you!
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Sessions are available from 08:30 to 15:30
• Dates and session times are subject to availability at your chosen location
• Minimum age 17*
• This is not suitable is you have back, neck or knee problems
• A full driving licence is required and must be produced on the day
*To ride as a passenger in 'Optimus Prime' and drive 'Barricade' and 'Bumblebee' the minimum age is reduced to 10
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• An insurance damage waiver is available to take out on the day for an additional £25
• The vehicles used in this experience were not used in the filming Transformers
• Cotswold Airport, Cirencester
• Abingdon Airfield, Oxfordshire
• Tockwith, North Yorkshire
• Bentwaters Park, Suffolk
• Perranporth Airfield, Cornwall (Limited availability)
• Blyton Park, Lincolnshire*
* £10 supplement applies for weekend days, payable direct