• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Demonstration of stunt driving techniques by the experts
• Handbrake parallel parking
• Learn how to J Turn (reverse spin)
• Learn how to perform 180 & 360 handbrake turns
• Tackle the slalom course
• Timed Autotest lap on the stunt track with your best time posted on the leader board
• A personalised driving certificate
• Your ultimate stunt driving experiences will last around two hours
What Can I Expect
Be part of the Ultimate Stunt Drive and experience what it's like to be able to pull off crazy car tricks! Top precision driver Paul Swift and his team of expert drivers will be hosting this full on day on the tarmac where you learn stunt driving moves from the professionals.
Remember the award-winning R8 advert where the cars are all racing round in a graceful high speed dance? That was Paul Swift and co. Remember the clever 2010 World Cup football adverts? They were all down to Paul too. This Guinness World Record holding stunt driver is one of the best trick and performance drivers in the world and a totally affable guy too, so you're sure to love this ultimate day of stunt driving.
On this experience you'll be learning two of the classic moves in freestyle driving circles - the handbrake turn and J turns. Hand brake turns sound like they should be easy. You drive, you keep your foot off the brake, you turn in and then pull the handbrake. That makes the rear wheels instantly lock up and the cars slides round. What could be more simple? Well, just wait until you try it and you'll see it takes some serious coordination to achieve the perfect turn.
Then it's time for J turns. This is that classic reverse spin that conveniently gets any driver out of that classic ambush situation. This stunt is the opposite of the handbrake turn, in that the aim is to lock the front wheels up, rather than the rear ones. The ultimate finish to this move is to be able to drive off rapidly in the other direction - let's see if you can master it!
Add in to this brilliant session some time attempting parallel parking with style (we just can't imagine how many times a track assistant has had to put cones back into place after the many hapless attempts most drivers make before they crack it) and you're well on the way to day of utmost fun
To round off this ultimate stunt drive experience you'll be invited to take part in the auto test challenge. This is a bespoke circuit that has been specially laid out with different challenges that you do in one (hopefully) non-stop, non-stall lap. To give you an idea of what sort of times we're talking, the best of the amateur stunt drivers has posted a time of just 00:27:08 on the clock to send them to the top of the leader board. Now let's see where you come!
• Saturday and Sundays, subject to availability throughout the year
• Drivers must be at least 17 years old and hold a full UK driving licence
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the action from the viewing areas
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• You should wear suitable footwear and outdoor clothing
• Silverstone Circuit, Northamptonshire
• Darlington Arena, County Durham (limited availability)