• Welcome, safety briefing and meet the stunt team
• Experience the thrill of stunt driving from the passenger seat
• The experienced stunt driver will demonstrate handbrake turns, handbrake parallel parking in BMW Minis and donuts in BMW Z3s for around 10 minutes
• Free play on the on site racing simulator
• Complimentary refreshments including tea/coffee, juice, bottled water and biscuits
• Please allow between 1-1.5 hours on site for this experience
What Can I Expect
Pluck up the courage to ride with a stunt driver and experience the tricks from the front passenger seat! These thrilling stunt passenger rides take place at the South Tees Motor Sports Park, where there’s all the space you could wish for to play in real cars. Hang on tight up front in your passenger seat, it’s going to be some ride…
If you’ve ever watched a stunt driving demo, you’ll know it’s a impressive combination of the right car (namely front or rear wheel drive), the precision motoring skills and the nerves of steel of the driver. Flinging a car around takes timing, spatial awareness and a certain amount of co-ordination too. And while you don’t need a specially adapted car to be able to pull off a couple of spins, you do need a serious skill set.
The instructors at this family-owned and run stunt driving centre are all massively experienced. As well as hotrides and teaching, they also do regular displays, TV work and even film stunt double driving. In other words, this lot know what they’re doing when it's foot to the floor time in their BMW Minis and Z3s.
You, meanwhile, will probably be slightly nervously awaiting your turn on the sidelines. As a spectator these motoring tricks and freestyle moves are impressive, so you can imagine what it’s going to be like seeing the same view the driver does. Within moments of you getting settled in the front passenger seat you will start experiencing first hand the stunts as they start coming thick and fast.
A nicely choreographed sequence of nifty parallel parks, donuts and J-turns will keep your pulse rate up for the entire 10 minutes of this stunt hotride. Pivoting around a point with the engine howling and the tyres smoking will have you looking goggle-eyed in no time. And if you can actually keep your eyes open for the duration, you’ll see just how exact you have to be when using the handbrake to swing into a parking space barely larger than the car. The expression ‘a hair’s breadth’ could have been invented for this highlight of your stunt passenger ride. Enjoy!
• Available on selected weekday and weekend dates throughout the year
• Morning, afternoon and evening sessions are available
• Minimum age 14
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating or spectating adult
• Minimum height is 5ft
• Maximum height is 6'6"
• Maximum weight is 20 stone
• Spectators are welcome at a cost of £10 per person payable on the day
• Under 5's may enter free of charge
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Purpose built stunt driving arena on the South Tees Motor Sports Park in Middlesbrough, just off the A66