• Welcome and safety briefing
• Gymkhana driving session with your experienced instructor
• Learn stunts including handbrake turns, high speed parallel parking and donuts
• Vehicles used include an Austin Mini's, BMW Mini's and Mazda MX5's
• A personalised certificate to take home with you
• Experiences last approximately two hours
What Can I Expect
Get set and get ready to go on this gymkhana stunt experience! Inspired by Ken Block’s series of videos of the same name that have seen millions of hits on YouTube, this is your chance to shine behind the wheel. It’s a bit like an autotest session, with precision driving and skill - at speed.
In a motoring gymkhana it’s all about accuracy in driving (so that you don’t pick up any penalty points), whilst going against the clock. When Ken Block, the man they call the Hoonigan, makes one of his videos it’s like he’s in his own crazy gymkhana world. This experience emulates a little bit of that by letting you try out some of the classic tricks.
You’ll need nerves of steel. For example, we all know it can be tricky to parallel park. But imagine how difficult it is when the space you have to park in is tiny, with barely any room for manoeuvre. Than add in to that the fact that your have to reverse into it and that gets harder. Then factor in high speed and it all sounds pretty impossible to us. Truth of the matter is, this lot hosting the gymkhana experiences make it look easy.
And the team is made up of Alastair Moffatt and his talented drivers. Alastair happens to hold several World Records for his auto test skills, including tightest forward and rear parallel parking, tightest 360 degree spin and even narrowest gap on two wheels (!). So yes, they’re pretty good at what they do.
And they’re also adept at teaching us novices to become experienced gymkhana drivers who wouldn’t look out of place in an motoring arena spectacular. As well as mastering the fine art of reverse parallel parking at speed, by the end of the session you’ll be performing donuts with ease and popping handbrake turns at every given opportunity.
Of course, once the gymkhana experience has ended, it’s back to carefully orchestrated parking manoeuvres in tight spaces in the multi-storey, slowing down to steer round bends rather than sliding round them and generally going straight from A to B, with no time for spinning round doing full 360 donuts on the way. But this experience is serious fun while it lasts!
• Available on selected weekday and weekend dates from March to September
• Participants must be over the age of 14
• Minimum height is 5ft
• Maximum height is 6ft 5''
• Maximum weight is 20 stone
• Participants must be not be pregnant
• Friends and family are welcome and can view your experience from the spectator areas
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Mansel Lacy, Hereford, HR4
• North Weald Airfield, North Weald, Bassett, Essex CM16
• Wolverhampton Halfpenny Green Airport, Bobbington, Stourbridge, DY7