A Segway Session riding and training in three unique zones
• Training paddock: Safety briefing and learn to control a segway safely
• Woodland off road arena: Negotiate pot holes, mud, ups and downs
• High speed rally track: Speed around the flat open point to point track
• Approximately one hour on site with 45 minutes on the segway
• Your will form part of a group of up to 8 participants
• Riders get exclusive use of a segway for the entire session
• Full face helmet provided
What Can I Expect
Our Segway Surrey experiences are a fantastic introduction to this innovative hobby. Learn the basics of control, attempt the off-road arena and then push yourself to the limit with a timed lap and see if you can earn your place among the Segway stars at this Surrey-based centre.
Located in tranquil woodlands near Godstone in Surrey, these sessions riding a Segway are a great idea for anyone who loves the combination of speed and agility surrounded by the great outdoors. Each class lasts around 45 minutes and you’ll be part of a group of up to eight riders, with an instructor leading you through each of the three zones
The friendly staff here in Surrey will give you an introduction to what a Segway Personal Transporter actually is (an energy-efficient, self-balancing stroke of brilliance as it happens!) and once you’ve donned your motocross-style helmet and optional padding, it’s off to Zone One – the Training Zone.
Here you’ll get to know the controls of your all terrain X2 Segway and learn how to manoeuvre this machine with just the slightest change in position. It’s all to do with your body and where you put your weight – and isn’t half as tricky to master as it sounds! Once you’ve got the hang of it, you’ll feel like you’re gliding over the ground – at least, until you head to Zone Two.
This is where the serious Segway challenges of Surrey start making an appearance. Once your instructor feels you’ve got the hang of the X2, you’ll set off on a rally through the wild woodlands, navigating hairpin bends, rocky outcrops, trees and tough terrain, exploiting the full off-road capabilities of these nifty vehicles.
But what cross-country adventure would be complete without a little competition? So for the final part of your course it’s on to Zone Three, which is the point-to-point track. This is where the speed restrictors come off and you test your skills at riding these things at full pelt. After a few goes around the circuit it's time to set your personal lap time to decide once and for all who is the champion of Surrey’s premier Segway track.
You can Segway in Surrey on weekdays and weekends and these introductory experiences on the more rugged X2 versions of these transporters offer a wonderful way to get to grips with the Segways and are ideal for any novices out there. Let your inner Segway demon loose and blaze a trail across the Surrey hills with our one- and two-person vouchers.
• The venue is open February to November
• Choose from a weekday only or anytime voucher
• Minimum weight 5st 7lbs
• Minimum height 4ft 7ins
• Riders under 16 must have parental consent
• Segway riding not suitable for those with high blood pressure, heart conditions, epilepsy or back and neck problems
• Please wear suitable clothing for being outdoors
• Please wear flat, soft soled shoes/trainers
• You will only be allowed on the woodland course after satisfactorily completing the training zone
• Friends and family are welcome to attend and will have a good views of the track
• Light refreshments and snacks are available
• Picnic areas and toilets on site too
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Optional onsite photography
• Near Godstone, Surrey