• Combine the thrill of driving a full size American Monster truck along with the speed of the rallykarts
• Short safety briefing before heading out to the courses
• Total drive time is 25 minutes between the two vehicles
• Allow one and a half hours for this experience
• You will form part of a small group of up to 3 participants
What Can I Expect
It’s big thrills no matter what size the vehicle on this Little and Large driving experience! As you can probably tell from the name, you will be driving one of the biggest biggest trucks you’ve ever seen and then one of the smallest rally karts out there.
This duo might seem mismatched in terms of size, but there’s no denying they both pack a serious punch when it comes to torque and power. Grizzly is the American monster truck who loves nothing more than bombing around the off road arena and pounding a couple of reasonably-priced family saloon cars on his way. Nothing, absolutely nothing, stops this V8 monster in his tracks!
Over on the karting circuit, you’ll meet the Honda-powered Liberator rally karts. These mini beasts of the mud are actually rear wheel drive, making them brilliant fun to drive. If you overcook it on the gas around one of the corners you will lose the back end, but that’s all part of the fun. Indeed, you might only have the accelerator and brake to think about, but controlling these little karts is a tricky business.
For these Little and Large experiences you’ll be in a small groups of no more than three, with an instructor driver accompanying you. For your Grizzly drive, just getting up their into the cab is a mission, as there’s a fold down ladder to climb. Once at the controls of this behemoth of a truck, it’s over to you to steer the star of the show around the arena, attempt a reverse park and then drive over those poor unsuspecting cars.
When you attack the rally kart section, it’s all about pushing the machine to the limits, without tipping it over the edge. There’s a coned course to negotiate and it’s a race against the clock, but be careful, if you knock a cone over that’s a time penalty. It’s not just about flinging the kart around the corners, you have be accurate too.
The long and short of this Little and Large driving experience in East Grinstead is that you get to drive two very different off road animals. Let’s see if you can tame the gigantic Grizzly and whip the slippy slidey rally kart into shape. Both are going to test your driving skills big time, but that’s the whole point !
• Available on selected weekend dates throughout the year (closed in January)
• For groups of three or more other dates and times can be requested
• Minimum age 17
• A driving licence is not required but participants must know how to drive
• Drivers who are over 2 metres tall or weighing 20 stone may not fit in all the vehicles
• Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing suitable for outdoor facilities and flat-soled shoes that will provide good grip and support on muddy, uneven terrain
• These monster trucks make an amazing spectacle and up to two spectators per driver are welcome to attend on the day
• There are no indoor viewing areas and as there are vehicles driving around the site it is not suitable for very young children
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Please note Monster Truck drives do not operate on the same day as the ride experiences at this location
• East Grinstead, West Sussex