• Drive specially prepared BMW 3 Series cars
• A series of driving lessons learning the basics of drifting
• Three adrenalin filled high speed passenger laps in one of the following vehicles: BMW M3, BMW M5, Nissan Skyline, Nissan 200S/Silvia, Toyota Chaser and Toyota Supra
• Debrief and informal prize presentation
• You will form part of a small group of up to 4 participants
Bronze Drift Experience
• Four Driving Sessions: Handbrake turns, Donuts, Figure of 8 and the 'Game of Drift' challenge
• Approximately 15 minutes personal drive time
• Allow 2.5 hours for this experience
Silver Drift Experience
• 5 Driving Sessions: Handbrake entries and donuts, Transitions and Figure of 8, Drift initiations, Drifting a corner, 'Game of drift' challenge
• Around one hour personal drive time
• Allow 4.5 hours for this experience
What Can I Expect
Get revved up and ready for this drifting experience in Scotland - at the country’s only 100% drift-dedicated track! This set up is on the edge of Lochgelly, just a 20 minute drive from the Forth Bridge and it’s all about learning your craft on the silky smooth tarmac. It’s time to leave Grand Turismo and Forza behind and go drifting for real.
These driftland driving experiences are hosted by expert drifters, many of whom have competed in drifting competitions in Scotland and all around the country. In fact, the bespoke track set up has been designed by British Drift Championship competitive drivers and has been inspired by the best features from the world’s finest drift venues.
So there’s no need to travel the world for all this drift magic, it’s right here in Scotland! There’s a pit straight wall just like at Meihan and spectators will love the viewing platform above. Teesside’s Autodrome is honoured with a sweeping corner that’s very much akin to the South Bank. Then there’s a tricky off-camber corner, which is almost as challenging as the one you’ll find at Bihoku.
We are offering a duo of driftland courses at the purpose-built Lochgelly site for you. The Bronze is perfect for total beginners and gives you a series of three lessons learning everything from handbrake turns (which are taught on this Scottish venue’s ‘play pen’!) to nifty little figures of eight. In total you’ll have around 15 minutes of drive time.
The Silver session is perfect for big-time drifting fans who want more intensive drift training here in Scotland. More core skills with longer practice times are packed into four extended lessons, with drifters really getting down to the nitty-gritty of the technics. This means you will have a real understanding for drifting and excellent practical skills too, after approximately one hour’s total driving time.
Both of the drifting experiences we are offering at this Scottish venue end in the same way; with a Game of Drift challenge followed by a high speed passenger ride. Your last drive segment will see you showing off all your drifting flair and finesse as you sweep around the test course. Then it’s time to sit back and relax in the passenger seat and watch how its done by the pros.
Actually, scrub the ‘sit back and relax’ bit, you’ll be pushed into the bucket seat with the sheer force of the acceleration and be hanging on for dear life as the car’s tyres screech and the hydraulic handbrake is worked to the max. That’s just how thrilling a drifting experience at Scotland’s Lochgelly centre is!
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Dates are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 17
• Participants must hold a full driving licence
• Spectators are welcome at no extra charge
• Passenger experiences can be booked on the day for an additional charge, subject to availability
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Driftlands on the outskirts of Lochgelly, Fife