Sports car hire, supercar rental and vintage car hire - this is what motoring was made for! Experience the pure pleasure of these self-drive tours, where you get to take fabulous vehicles out on a bit of a jaunt on the public roads. Yep, you’ll be leaving the confines of the track behind, to discover how these cars drive on real roads.
Cruising the quiet country lanes, enjoying the greenery and scenery as you drive, it’s little wonder these classic car hire packages are so popular with keen motorists. And as well as the sheer honour of being able to drive the superb sports car you’ve hired, most tours also give you plenty of opportunity for refuelling stops for both you and the car in some very picturesque spots. Sheer bliss - especially if it’s a warm sunny day and you’re driving with the top down. Read more...
• Drive a classic Jensen Interceptor on public roads • Hire the car for 24hrs or over a three-day weekend • Includes daily mileage allowance of 150 miles • Drive this rare 1974 fastback roadster sports coupe
• Hire a classic 1960s Ford Mustang for 24 hours • Drive on the open roads around Lewes & East Sussex • There are coupes, fastbacks & convertibles to hire • A short familiarisation drive before you head off
• Drive five different classic cars on open roads • Choose between Welsh border or Cotswolds routes • Fuel, insurance, lunch & event back up all included • A full day out driving stunning classic sports cars
• Drive classic cars in the Forest of Dean area • Route takes in quiet roads around this stunning area • You will drive a total of five different cars • The 160-mile itinerary includes all fuel and lunch
• Best value vintage car hire & drive packages • Drive on a self-guided 60min tour in a classic car • Full fleet of classic cars for you to choose from • Fill all available seats in the car at no extra cost
When you think of car rental, you often think of a pretty insipid four-door hatchback that you just use to get you from the airport to your destination of choice when you’re away on business or on hols. These sports car hire deals from IntotheBlue couldn’t be any more different. We’re talking supercar rentals, classic cars, vintage motors and more all at your disposition.
Take for example the fantastic Austin Healey 3000. It’s a wonderful-looking car and great fun to drive on the open roads, as you can see from this Healey Hire video!
The idea is that you can ‘try out’ some of your all-time favourite motors on the real roads. This gives you that really authentic driving experience, as you’ll be negotiating junctions, roundabouts traffic lights and all the rest of it. But make no mistake, this isn’t a typical commute. You’ll be following itineraries that allow you to really ‘open up’ your hired car, taking quiet roads and tranquil routes that you’ll love.
What’s included on these car hire deals?
The first question many of you ask is just what is included in these classic, sports and vintage car rental packages. Refer to each individual product page individually for the full lowdown, but in general, all the insurance, breakdown assistance and fuel is included. You’ll also get maps and a route plan, with suggested stopping points.
Some of the self drive tours are completely autonomous, whilst others are run as a host-led road trip in convoy with other cars and you stop and swap cars regularly en-route. That means you get to drive several fab cars during the course of your hire session, which car fans absolutely love.
The Rules of the Road
Whilst many of the classic cars on the hire books were built in the days before variable speed limits and motorways, you do have to adhere to the current rules of the road on these drives. All cars hired out are roadworthy, road legal, well-maintained and with up to date servicing and MoTs.
It’s worth remembering though, that a vintage car won’t have such mod cons as power steering, ABS and the like. So before you jump into the driving seat and speed off, most hirers will be shown around the car by the operator, so you’ll made aware of any idiosyncrasies before your leave on your self-drive tour.