afternoon teas for one person include a selection of sandwiches, pastries and cakes and an assortment of teas
• Experiences are accompanied with musical entertainment as you cruise along the Thames for one and a quarter hours
What Can I Expect
Enjoy a floating afternoon tea on the Thames! We can’t think of a more novel or refined way to combine sightseeing with a myriad of pastries, cakes and sandwiches - all with the background accompaniment of a solo pianist tinkling the ivories.
Afternoon tea is a long-established tradition and a river journey down the Thames turns it from a simple lounge snack into an eye-opening heritage experience, offering a unique panoramic viewpoint for the key features of the capital’s ever-expanding skyline. To make this a truly special venture, you’ll be served at your table with a delectable assortment of fresh sandwiches, scones and sweet nibbles to sample as you glide along the river.
Bateaux London's skilled onboard chefs will prepare such gourmet delights as strawberry tarts, Battenberg, chocolate truffle tortes and coffee cream éclairs, whilst on the savoury side, the handmade sandwiches have the crusts cut off for that ultimate ‘finger food’ afternoon tea experience. There is also an array of teas available, so you can opt for the tried and tested Earl Grey, Afternoon and Darjeeling types, or pick something a little more adventurous!
Afternoon tea taken on the Thames just wouldn’t be complete without that epitome of sophistication, a pianist. Throughout your trip, you’ll be wrapped in the sweet harmonies of classical piano tunes as you drift along the waters of London’s historical lifeblood, taking you on a cruise past some of the city’s best known buildings and locations, such as the Globe Theatre, the Tower of London, the Royal Observatory and the Cutty Sark, as well as passing under several key bridges
With all this afternoon tea on the Thames tastiness going on, you might have trouble tearing your eyes away from the gorgeously gourmand platter to look out of the boat's panoramic windows, but make sure you do, as you'll see all the famous sights, with a nice cup of tea in hand. What could be better than that!
For those who prefer experiences on dry land, a wide range of gift ideas are available by going to our main gifts section.
• April, May and October - Wednesday and Saturday
• June and September - Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
• July and August - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
• November and December - Selected Saturdays
• Cruises usually board at 15.15 and return at 16.45
• A smart casual dress code is required
• Children under the age of 5 are not permitted
• Pushchairs are not permitted onboard
• There is a no smoking policy onboard for the duration of the cruise, with the exception of the outside deck
• The Harmony cruiser used for this activity is a fully equipped floating restaurant, with table service on board so there's no need to miss any of the spectacular views
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Embankment Pier, opposite Embankment Underground Station