• An afternoon tea cruise including a selection of sandwiches, pastries, cakes and an assortment of teas
• See the sights of Windsor
• Recorded commentary of the sights
What Can I Expect
Now here’s a Windsor afternoon tea like no other - you’ll be partaking in High Tea on the river! We reckon the best afternoon tea in Windsor is the one where you can sit back, tuck in to those tasty treats and let the boat bring the sights to your window.
Windsor afternoon tea cruises board at the very civilised time of 15:15, setting sail at 15:30 - the perfect hour for a nice sit down over a cuppa. But of course, this a rather sophisticated cruise, so there won’t just be tea, there’s a whole platter of delicious things for you to eat as you cruise. If you ask us, there's nothing better than a nice fresh cream cake whilst you glide along.
You’ll see all the best sights of Windsor from your unique view point of the River Thames. The pier is right beside Home Park, with its rugby, tennis, archery and athletes clubs. But they're not just sporty here in Windsor, there’s also the world-renowned Eton school on the opposite side of the river to Windsor which has been a seat of education for hundreds of years.
Moving along upstream, you can’t miss the Queen’s favourite residence - Windsor Castle. It’s perched on a hill very near the town centre. Then there’s the lovely Alexandra Park with its wonderful footpaths around the flower beds, vintage cafe for ice creams and a bandstand where bands play in the summer. It’s all very quintessentially English in the Royal Borough of Windsor and the perfect accompaniment to an afternoon of tea and cakes on the river. You might even see the thoroughbreds out for a canter at the Windsor Race Course.
You will be sailing on Melody. Her job is to transport you at a serene pace along the Thames. Seating a maximum of 48 afternoon tea takers means the ambiance is small and friendly, with excellent customer service from the smart onboard crew. And of course, she has been purpose designed and built for this sort of river cruising, ensuring comfort and great views through the large windows for all onboard.
Whether you want to invite your nearest and dearest, treat your Mum, or just fancy a catch up with the girls with a difference, a Windsor afternoon tea onboard Melody is a superb choice. With departures on Fridays, Saturdays and Bank Holidays it’s a wonderful way to while away an afternoon in Windsor.
• March to October, every Friday, Saturday and Bank Holidays (excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day)
• Board at 15:15, depart at 15:30, disembark at 16:45
• A smart casual dress code is required
• Children under the age of 5 are not permitted
• Pushchairs are not permitted onboard
• There is a no smoking policy onboard for the duration of the cruise, with the exception of the outside deck
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Thames Side, Windsor, SL4