Barista Taster Course - 4 Hours
• A coffee enthusiast's course
• Welcome and introduction over a cup of coffee
• Overview of different types of coffee making equipment
• Education on coffee beans and how they get to the cup
• Learn about the importance of the grind and how it affects taste
• Learn about the milk and coffee relationship
• Hands on experience in making espresso based drinks
• Taste a variety of drinks, both well known and unusual
• Learn the importance of maintaining machinery
Barista Boot Camp - Coffee Barista Skills Level 1 - 6 Hours
• Part 1 of a certified City & Guilds course for people new to the position of Barista
• Welcome greeting and introduction over a cup of coffee
• Introduction to the coffee industry
• Types of beans and how they are processed
• Grinder set up and Grind Types
• Espresso and Extraction
• Milk techniques
• Drink Recipes and build guides
• Practice Time
• Introduction to latte art
• Cleaning and maintenance
What Can I Expect
Wake up and smell the coffee on a Barista Coffee Course in Hampshire! These coffee making courses take place at a leading supplier and distributor of both Italian coffee and the machines to make those delicious hot drinks, as well as offering courses, servicing and maintenance - so this lot really know their beans.
The Taster Course for would-be baristas lasts four hours and starts with - as you might guess - introductions over a welcome cup of one of the company's in-house blends. Throughout the session you will be shown how to use a variety of equipment and gadgets, all of which turn your coffee making into perfection. The basis for all modern coffee-shop drinks is good espresso, so that's what you'll tackle first. With this skill the first to be taught on the course, you'll be able to create a wide range of wonderful coffee concoctions like a true barista.
On the Barista Bootcamp option you will be taught everything from bean selection and grinding, to texturing milk and mixing with espressos as a base for lattes, cappuccinos, macchiatos and moccachinos. There's even time to teach you how to maintain and clean the coffee machines. At the end of the session you'll be presented with completion of level 1 in the City & Guilds Barista qualification certificate as recognition of your newly-honed coffee-making skills.
The school is well-equipped with at least four fully-working espresso machines set up, several bean-to-cup machines and other important items of coffee kit. If you want to widen your knowledge there’s a study room for the theory side of coffee - this course is the real deal for baristas!
In fact, the school’s tutors work in all areas of the coffee business – from bean and machine to cup - they know the challenges, highs and lows of coffee service. As well as running introductory barista coffee courses, they have taught the City and Guilds Barista qualification to many thousands now working in the hospitality industry.
During these barista coffee courses expect to be transformed from a coffee lover into a skilled coffee maker. By the end of your coffee making workshop you'll certainly know your lattes from your cappuccinos and know what to do with things like a steam arm and a grinder so you can rustle up a fine freshly ground coffee at home and ditch the instant!
• Available on selected weekdays throughout the year
• Courses should be booked approximately 2 months in advance as they are run with a minimum of 4 to a maximum of 6 people
• The Taster course is for coffee enthusiasts looking to improve their knowledge and skills
• The Barista Bootcamp is aimed at those who are looking to develop recognised skills as a Barista
• Unfortunately this is not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Boot camp completion counts towards City & Guilds Barista qualification, additional course time is required to achieve full course certification. The operator can advise on next steps for those looking to complete the qualification.
• A specialist coffee training centre near Basingstoke in Hampshire