• A Mountain Balling Aqua Zorbing experience for two people
• The track is 150 metres long
• Welcome and pre-ride briefing explaining how to ride the sphere
What Can I Expect
There's a mountain over there and it's just waiting to be rolled by the two of you - that's zorbing at Scotland's wildest location! Set high above the Solway Firth coastline, there's ample room for you to roll down the slope in a large, transparent globe. Get ready for the ride of your life.
We call it zorbing, but this lot in Scotland actually refer to it as mountain balling and we can see why. This isn't some lame track along a gentle slope; this is proper. As you'll soon see, there's a nice gradient that's steep enough to have you free-rolling at some serious speed as you tumble down the hill.
And what a hillside setting it is! If you've got time in between being very excited and getting ready to roll, you'll be able to take in the incredible views from the top station right across the Galloway hills and over the sea. Nicely perched near the brow of the hill, the ball is tethered to stop it rolling away, waiting for you to leap inside and take your first foray into zorbing Scottish style.
So what type of zorbing will you be doing? Well this Scotland-based team specialises in water balling. You might also know it as aqua zorbing. In essence, the two of you will be inside the ball together and left to slosh around with the water. Yes it really is as mad as it sounds, but great fun.
And if you're wondering if this revolving sphere of craziness is for you, let's cite someone who has zorbed in Scotland: "I never thought I'd see myself rolling down a hill in an inflatable ball". You see, it's amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it. In the end, the adults love it just as much as the kids.
Just one thing though, on this aqua-style zorbing in Scotland, don't expect the water to be warm and filled with bubbles! And remember, you will get nicely soaked. We think this is (literally) a great revolutionary day out in the rugged countryside that can be enjoyed whatever the weather and however young or old you are, as this Scottish location allows zorbing from the age of eight.
• Aqua zorbing is available between April and October on selected weekdays and weekends
• Not suitable for those that are pregnant, suffer with high blood pressure, heart condition, epilepsy, back or neck problems
• Participants must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
• Minimum age 8, under 16s require parental consent
• Maximum combined weight 28 stone and a maximum per person weight of 20 stone
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the action
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• For aqua zorbing, clothing without zips should be worn, preferably swimming gear. Remember to bring a towel.
• Castle Douglas, Dumfries & Galloway