• Welcome and pre-ride briefing explaining how to ride the sphere
• Rides take place on a specially tracked out course
Choose from the following voucher options:
• A single ride for two people, choose from Harness or Hydro Sphereing
• A combi ride for two people, either one harness and hydro or two rides of one type
What Can I Expect
You gotta a roll with it (once, or even twice!) when you go zorbing in London! This venue is actually in leafy Surrey, but being inside the M25, we reckon it's the closest place you can get to the capital for a helping of hill rolling in the countryside.
You probably already know the basic idea of zorbing, but you might not realise how large the ball is at 3.6m in diameter, which is why these zorbing experiences near London are offered for two, as the spheres are big enough for the pair of you, which means doubling up on the inevitable laughter and screams as you go.
If you peek your head inside one of the zorbs, you see there is a polythene inner chamber which is suspended from the inflatable ball by thousands of strings. This is what acts as a great shock absorber, so although it might be a bouncier little trip than you thought, it's not a heavy or rough ride as you are well cushioned inside. Even so, you're bound to be a bit nervous before you head off on your zorbing run, but the London team here will soon put you at ease.
The setting for these zorbing sessions is brilliant. You're really close to London, but you're in a quiet leafy park and the actual run is cut into the ground (a bit like a drainpipe shape) and is fenced on both sides, so you're not going to go off course or spin out of control. A short and very pleasant walk up the woodland path brings you to the starting area and a step closer to your zorbing moment.
Now this is where you have to choose what type of zorbing you want to do. If the two of you have the single ride voucher, you can choose between harness and hydro sphereing. If you have the combi voucher, you lucky duo will be able to go for one ride of each, or double on the fun and take on two hydro or two harness zorbing rolls - that's the flexibility of this London venue.
If you pick harness, then you will both be strapped in to the same transparent orb facing each other, with foot, arm and waist harnesses holding you in position. On the hydro version, around 60 litres of water are thrown in to the ball and you sit side by side facing forwards on what feels like a very long freestyle aqua planing ride as you slip and slide.
Whichever concoction you choose, you are sure to have some serious head over heels fun when you go rolling down the hillside on these zorbing London sessions. All you and your intrepid zorb partner have to decide is whether it's going to be wet and wild on a hydro roll, fast and furious on a harness ride - or both!
• March to October on weekends
• Selected weekday availability between June and August including some Bank Holidays
• Minimum height 4.5ft
• Under16s require parental consent
• Riders must not exceed 100kgs per person
• Minimum age 7, under 16s require parental consent
• Maximum combined weight 200kgs
• Not suitable for those that are pregnant, suffer with high blood pressure, heart condition, epilepsy, back or neck problems
• Participants must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the action
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Whyteleafe, between Croydon and Caterham
• 10 minutes drive from junction 6 of the M25,
• Nearest station is whyteleafe just 35 minutes from London Bridge/Victoria