High Ropes Experience
• Full induction and safety briefing
• Helmet and safety harness provided
• The Pole based course offers three levels of height from 5.5m - 8.0m as you thread through the trees
• The main 60 meter Zip Line, Climbing Wall and Fan Descender are also included
• Sessions last 2.5 hours allowing you the chance to climb the course as many times as you can
What Can I Expect
Conquer the heights on the high ropes in Essex! Will you be a high-level rope runner on these challenging courses near Brentwood? These woodland adventures make for a day out that’s so much more than a walk in the park.
This operator in Essex has totally nailed it when it comes to offering high ropes for all abilities. After all, not everyone fancies inching their way along a line of swinging tyres at a dizzying eight metres off the ground do they?
Having said that, what invariably happens on these high ropes experiences is that during the kit out, those that think they’ll never make it past the low level course are usually the ones that progress incredibly well during the session and end up practically galloping across those swinging rope bridges having totally triumphed over any fears they may have had at the start.
Of course, safety is of paramount importance here for all rope runners. This Essex team has invested in the very latest Type E safety system - and that’s the highest category that exists. You’ll be attached at all times on the modules and your harness will be fitted to suit your build, height and weight and checked by on the of the high ropes team.
Your induction will go through everything you need to know about how the security system works, how you clip in and clip out and safety procedures. Tutors will always be stationed around the course if you get stuck (and they are particularly good at encouraging nervous high ropers) but in essence it's all about your journey, working out your path and going as steady or a gung-ho as you like.
There are six different routes to follow here in Essex, three on each side of the main poles that are the central anchors to this high ropes course that goes winding through the trees. The lower one is perfect for youngsters (minimum age for this rope run is six) or to find your feet. The middle path varies between 5.5 and 6 metres, whilst the top line is a tree-top touching 7.5 to 8 metres up!
What’s more, on these high ropes in Essex, you can stick to a couple of routes at different heights, do all six, repeat a few or even have a go at the climbing wall, big zip line and descender. That's because the session is timed for 2.5hrs rather than a set course you have to follow. The team will alert you when you’ve got half an hour left, so you can make the most of your last minutes on the nets, ropes and bridges up high.
• Available Tuesday - Sunday throughout the year (times may vary in winter)
• Minimum age of 18
• Maximum weight of 120 kg or 19 Stone
• Spectators are welcome free of charge
• Decking area and indoor chalet with double door access for wheelchairs and pushchairs
• The Chalet offers a vending machine, selling hot and cold snacks
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All staff practice rescue techniques and can get you down safely if necessary
• Please aim to arrive 30 minutes before your session time
• At an outdoor adventure park near Brentwood in Essex