Hangloose Adventure Day
• A flight on Skywire zip wire
• Swing into space on the 20m giant cliff swing called Gravity
• Big Air - a 10 metre Airbag drop
• Mobile phone case hire is included
• In addition to activities on the adventure day you will also experience the drop, 33ft of free-fall simulation with spectacular views of Cornwall
What Can I Expect
Go on the Eden Project zip wire and you'll be sliding along England's longest and fastest zip wire! This whole set up brings new meaning to the phrase 'high thrills' as you zip along for 660m at speeds of up to 60mph on a wire suspended 90m off the ground above the famous Eden domes.
SkyWire, as the ride is known, is in a wonderful location in Cornwall. If you thought the gardens were purely a place of tranquility and reflection, you might have to think again. As you hurtle through the Cornish skies as fast as a Hummingbird could dart between the plants underneath you, we forgive you if you can't help but let out an almighty 'arggghhhhh!' as you zip along at serious speed.
Plucking up the courage to do any zip wire is commendable, but daring to ride the SkyWire is a whole different level. After all, where else in the country could you enjoy the thrills of zipping down the wire combined with the chance to see the impressive architecture of the Core and the domes of the Eden Project biomes from the air!
So how come this particular zip wire in Cornwall reaches speeds greater than other zip lines around England? Well, the key is the horizontal position you're in. You will be strapped in to a 'superman'-style harness, where you will be lying down with your feet resting on a bar, rather like a hang glider. This all means that you'll be launched head first for your Eden Project zip, making it all the more adrenaline-fuelled.
The high-rise thrills continue after your Skywire trip with the Eden Project’s Gravity Swing. It is what can only be described as a big swing, with you swooping backwards and forwards over the plants and trees below in a somewhat ‘jungle’ fashion. Then there’s the Big Air. Standing on the edge of the platform there’s a huge airbag 10m below you. All you have to do is take that step off the ledge…
If the Adventure Day isn’t extreme enough, you can upgrade to the Adrenaline Day, which gives you one last taste of exhilaration - the Drop. At a sweat-inducing 25m above the ground, you will be leaping face-first (attached to a special descender) for an eye-watering drop descent back down to the ground. With the star attraction of the Eden Project zip wire at the centre of both packages, who'd have thought a day out at Cornwall's Eden Project could be so extreme?
• Selected dates from November to March
• Seven days a week from April to October
• Courses are subject to availability
• Specific time slots can not be booked but can be redeemed between 10am and 5pm (7pm during selected peak dates)
• During peak seasons waiting times will apply
• Minimum age 8
• Under 14s must be accompanied by an over 16 throughout the duration
• Under 18s must have a parent/guardian on site to sign a disclaimer
• Weight restrictions: minimum 6st 2lbs/40kg, maximum 18 stone 12lbs/120kgs
• Height restrictions: minimum 1m 20cms
• This experience is not suitable during pregnancy or for those with certain medical conditions
• A separate public viewing area is available for friends and family
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Activities are located outside of the perimeters of The Eden Project
• Entry to the Eden Project is not included
• The Eden Project, Bodelva, Cornwall