• Half Day Fly Fishing experiences last approximately three hours
• Full days last approximately six hours
• You will receive personal tuition on casting before you go to the lake for further tuition as you fish for brown and rainbow trout
• Fishing rods and all equipment is provided
• No previous experience is necessary as the experience is suitable for new and novice anglers
• The instructors can adapt the experience to suit your own capabilities
• Fishing and Clay Shooting 'Rods and Guns' experience days will include approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours shooting plus 3 to 3 1/2 hours fishing
What Can I Expect
Go fly fishing in Buckinghamshire for a chilled sporting session, or maybe even combine two classic country pursuits in one day! The pure fly fishing experience is the perfect gift for anyone who fancies a day out in the countryside learning how to cast a line and (hopefully) land a catch or two, whilst the Rods and Guns session adds a spot of clay pigeon shooting to the scaly mix.
The half day fly fishing sessions that take place on private waters on the Buckinghamshire/Oxon border are all headed up by Steve and Ian. Both are highly experienced anglers who have more years' fly fishing experience in Buckinghamshire and beyond than they'd care to admit! These two will happily talk you through what fishing tackle you need and what to do with it. They have both fly fished on numerous lakes, rivers and even the sea and Steve is a Level 2 coach with the National Federation of Anglers, whilst Ian is a tackle shop owner who also has a role as the local Angling Development Officer to get youngsters around the Buckinghamshire area into fly fishing.
All equipment and tuition is provided, so if you don't know one end of a fishing rod from the other, fear not as it will all be explained to you. The base camp for these sessions is a farm at Long Crendon, but you will be fly fishing around 15 minutes' drive away on some of Buckinghamshire's finest private estate lakes. All are well-stocked by the fishery with brown and rainbow trout. By the end of your experience you'll be fishing like a seasoned angler and don't be surprised if you find yourself hauling out a 3lb trout - not bad for your first go!
If you want to add in the clay pigeon shoot to your fly fishing Buckinghamshire session, you should opt for the very popular Rods and Guns experience where you will be taking aim at 40 clays as they hurtle through the air at varying speeds and heights, before settling down to a few hours of fishing. What we love about this fishing and clays combination is that it is a most civilised itinerary, starting at 10:30 and finishing around 17:00. A tasty fly fisherman's lunch can be organised at the local Buckinghamshire country pub and tea and coffee is available on site all day for free.
We think you are going to love fly fishing. Buckinghamshire is a county well-known amongst keen anglers as offering some of the best hidden-away locations in the depths of the countryside for total peace and calm to enjoy your lakeside fishing - even the clay pigeon shooting is just far enough away to be out of earshot of both the fish and you!
• Experiences run on selected weekday and weekend dates throughout the year
• Please note that during June and July these experiences may not run due to an increase in temperatures
• A minimum age of 12 years is required for this experience
• All under 16's must be accompanied by an adult
• Comfortable, outdoor clothing and sturdy footwear is recommended
• Spectators are permitted but numbers must been kept small
• It is advised you confirm any guest with the venue when booking
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• You will meet your professional guide at a local private lake
• There are three lakes to choose from in Lewknor in Oxfordshire and Mursley in Buckinghamshire and sites can be selected from those available when booking