• This experience is ideal for young or new anglers and takes place at a private local lake
• You will receive private one to one tuition
• The expert instructor will teach you how to cast and give you information on rods, reels, baits, rigs and tactics
• Cover the safety aspects of angling
• Participants will fish for Carp, Tench, Rudd, Roach and Perch
• Lessons last approximately three hours
What Can I Expect
Enjoy coarse fishing lessons on a private lake! These three-hour lessons are taken at your choice from three different lakes in Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire and offer one-to-one tuition with an expert. You will have a day in peaceful surrounding with advice on rigs, baits, location and tactics to help you catch more fish and possibly the fish of a lifetime!
Coarse fishing specifically refers to the sport of fishing with a hook and bait for freshwater fish that aren't game fish, like salmon, trout and char. You can expect to see the likes of carp, tench, rudd and perch on the end of your rod, all described as 'coarse fish'.
As the tuition is on a one-to-one basis, these experiences are ideal for anyone wanting to learn how to coarse fish. The expert anglers will show you everything you need to know so you are ready to cast a line when you head out onto the lake - and believe us, they are a mine of information about all the equipment and the techniques suitable for different situations, conditions and fish.
This fishing sport is suitable for young and old alike, with the minimum age at this fishing school just 12 years old. All instructors are CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) certificated and have many years of experience in both coarse fishing and teaching fishing, so you know you're in good hands.
Catching fish is exciting, but there can be more to it than that. Nor is it just to do with appreciating the tranquil surroundings and all the rest of the nice things the countryside offers, even though all that is a definite bonus! Indeed, fishing is fun and even rather exciting when you get a catch - and thanks to modern methods and gear, the chance to fish is available for more people than ever.
With optimum methods and baits now a reality, any newcomer to angling with only a modicum of hunting instinct can coarse fish! This experience will help you acquire the knowledge, the venue, the tackle and the bait that could end up being a start to enjoying this wonderful sport as a hobby!
• Experiences are available on selected weekday and weekend dates throughout the year
• Start times are flexible and can be arrange to suit the participant
• There is a minimum age of 12 years old
• Outdoor, waterproof clothing and sturdy footwear are recommended
• All instructors hold CRB certificates
• Spectators are welcome but numbers must be kept low
• There are limited facilities available at the lakes however refreshments will be provided
• Participants are welcome to bring along their own lunch or lunch at a local country pub can be arranged in advanced
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• You will meet your professional guide at a local private lake
• There are three lakes to choose from in Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire and sites can be selected when booking