• Three activities in one day under one roof
• A 250ft indoor zip wire, a 160ft abseil and a 160ft powerfan
• You should allow approximately 3.5 hours at the venue
What Can I Expect
Psych yourself up for a trio of thrills on the Triple Whammy at the Abyss! This experience contains three of the best high-wire activities (zip wire, abseil and the mighty Powerfan) at the world’s highest indoor bungee facility. Welcome to Magna.
It’s going to be scary, but keep your fears in check and tackle all three of these activities for an extreme day out inside that’ll have the adrenaline levels rising almost as fast as you’ll be falling.
The Triple Whammy starts with a meet and greet with the instructing team at Magna. Safety is, quite naturally, paramount here and all the procedures and safety gear will be explained to you. After being kitted out in your harness, helmet and it’s time to take on your first challenge. The zip wire. All 250ft of it, sitting 70ft above the ground. That’s the equivalent of about six whole storeys of a building.
The jumpmaster will then attach you and before you know it it's 3... 2...1... and you are away! If you look down, you'll see your friends and family sitting in the restaurant below, as you fly by at 30mph. This is a great one to start with at Abyss, as it’s a good confidence builder and despite initial nerves, pretty much everyone loves the feeling of zipping along the wire so much that they’d do it again in a heartbeat!
Having safely reached the landing zone, it's time to tackle your second Triple Whammy activity. It starts with a character building climb of the 143 steps to reach the Abseiling Zone. A trained instructor will explain how to descend and then it's up to you to abseil from 150ft, as you head down the 'Face of Steel' into the abyss. This is free abseiling at it’s best.
Your heart still pounding, you will climb the 143 steps one more time before attempting your final adrenaline rush - the Powerfan. And it’s not just any parachute descender, this is the only one in the whole wide world that operates from this height - which is a knee-knocking 150ft. You step off the platform for a very rapid descent, before the Powerful kicks in and you slow right down for a floaty soft landing. We have to say, it’s total sensory overload as you drop and a great way to round of your Triple Whammy at the Abyss!
• The experience runs on most weekends throughout the year
• This activity is held indoors so will not be affected by the weather
• Minimum age is 11 years
• 11-15 year olds require a parent or guardian's permission and signature
• A weight limit of 120kg (18 stone 12 pounds) applies
• There are no height restrictions
• There is no maximum age limit, though participants over 50 years of age require a signed doctors medical certificate
• This experience is not suitable for pregnant women or those with high blood pressure, heart problems, diabetes, epilepsy or asthma
• Comfortable clothing is recommended for this experience, such as a tracksuit and trainers
• Boots are not permitted
• All other equipment will be supplied on the day
• Spectators are welcome and encouraged to bring cameras to capture the excitement of the day
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Merchandise and photographs of your jumps are available to purchase with prices from £15
• The Abyss at Magna, located at the Magna Science Adventure Centre in Rotherham