- Welcome and health and safety briefing
- Instruction of candle making by a professional chandler
- Create around six candles in various formats: free standing, container candles, hand rolled candles, tea-lights and cupcakes
- Understand wicks
- Learn how to use different waxes, colourings and scents
- Use interesting techniques as demonstrated
- Test burns and labelling
- Decorate exterior sides of candles and how to package
- You may be in a group of up to six people
What can I expect on the day
Why not try something completely different with Into The Blue. This candle making class in London brings a new meaning to the phrase burning the candle at both ends! The fascinating day out in Woolwich will teach you some new skills in a relaxed setting.
Not only does this workshop teach you how to make your own handcrafted candles using top of the range products, you will also get to take a batch of them away with you. Here is your opportunity to give your home that wonderful glow of candlelight and the waft of your chosen scent. After all, most people would agree that there is nothing like lighting a few candles to create a romantic and laid back atmosphere and this full day sessions aims to bring that same ambiance to the studio.
During your experience you are taught how to choose the appropriate wax, hand pour it into your chosen candle mould, add scents and a wick, then finish off the whole look with some decorating and a nice, professional looking packaging.
By the end of your candle making day in Woolwich, you can expect to make around six candles, in several different styles. Ranging from container candles (where wax is poured into a recipient such as a glass lidded jar), scented tea lights, or even candles that are hand rolled for that individually crafted, unique look.
Using the techniques learnt from the specially trained tutors, you can take advantage of the large array of waxes, colourings, scents and containers available and purchase all the essential items to begin crafting at home for yourself, or for a budding business.
These candles make excellent gifts for friends and family and you could even find yourself taking up candle making as a new hobby and selling your wares at craft markets. This day out will seriously make you wax lyrical about candle making!
When is it available?
- Available on both weekday and weekend dates throughout the year
- Sessions run 10.00 - 16.00 with one hour for lunch
Where can I do this experience?
- In a studio in Woolwich, South London
Who is it suitable for?
- Minimum age 11
- All under 18's must be accompanied by an adult
Can anyone come along to watch?
- This activity is not suitable for spectators
Anything else I need to know?
- Covered in footwear should be worn
- Participants are advised to bring their own packed lunch on weekend sessions as the nearest eateries are 15-20 minutes walk from the venue
- A cafeteria is available on site for weekday dates
Related experiences you may like