Microlighting with brilliant views of the River Thames and London from this Essex-based school within the M25! If you want sightseeing of the big smoke with your microlight lesson you've come to the right place as this centre is just south of Upminster and once airborne you'll enjoy fantastic vistas over the river and the capital.
Keith Reynolds is Chief Flying Instructor at this centre and he has clocked up many hours in microlights, including taking part in a round the world flight in one. All this experience means he is an excellent teacher and all the team members who could be taking you up are fully CAA qualified instructor pilots.
Microlighting at this Upminster school is in fixed wing microlights only, with a choice of types for you. You can choose between the classic fixed wing Thruster Sprint microlight with the motor and prop above the enclosed cockpit, or the Jabiru Calypso, the latest high performance microlight to come on the market. This version looks more like a regular plane with larger doors and cockpit than a regular fixed wing microlight.
- A welcome and safety briefing from the instructor pilot
- Your flight time of 20, 30, 45 or 60 minutes
- You will fly in one of two different fixed wing microlights
- Once airborne you will be invited to take the controls
- The school is open six days a week (closed Mondays)
- Open from 10:00 to 18:00 during the summer months
- Lessons operate all year round subject to availability and weather conditions
- Damyns Hall aerodrome, Upminster
- Easy access from the M25 and then the A13 between Barking and Purfleet
- You will need to be at least 14 years old to go microlighting
- Maximum weight of 15 stone
- Maximum height 6ft 2"
- Friends and family are welcome to come and watch
- There is a spectator viewing area in front of the Club House offering an unobstructed view of the main runway
- Ample parking for cars
- Club House with cafe serving food and drinks