•All experiences include a pre-flight briefing and the opportunity to take control for the majority of the flight
• Your chosen flight duration in either a two seater or four seater aircraft
• A first flight certificate is also included. 'Isle of Wight Adventures' include a 40 minute flight to Hampshire landing at the Isle of Wight, a further briefing and a second 40 minute flight back to Shoreham
• All 4 seater flights allow up to two additional guests. Passengers of the Isle of Wight adventure may also fly the plane
Reach for the skies with this range of Shoreham Airport flying lessons boasting Lancing College and the South Downs of Sussex as their stunning backdrop. This historic airport is in Shoreham by Sea right on the edge of the glorious West Sussex coastline. Also known as Brighton City Airport, Shoreham is just seven miles from the popular seaside town.
Lessons are with the largest flight training school on the airfield here at Shoreham and flights are offered all year round using Cessna 152 and Piper Tomahawk or Archer aircraft. A lesson in either a two or four seater light aircraft offers the best way to savour the experience of flying yourself and if you opt for the four seater experience, up to two of your friends or family can take up the back seats to enjoy your aerial fun with you and watch your lesson progress.
Unique to our Shoreham Airport flying school, we are offering Isle of Wight Adventure flights, where you'll take off from Shoreham, fly over the Sussex border and into Hampshire, before heading over the Solent to the Isle of Wight to land. You'll then have a break, with time to park up in the plane and head for a detailed ground briefing. Once back in the aeroplane, you'll take off from the island and navigate your way back to the airport at Shoreham, giving you two flying lessons in one. Of course, we also offer the more standard 30, 40 and 60 minute flights that also give you stunning shoreline views.
Whilst aspiring pilots are enjoying being airborne over West Sussex during their Shoreham Airport flying lessons, spectators left on the ground can also make the most of the excellent facilities around the school, including a visitor centre and the 'Fly In' and 'Airside 2' restaurant and cafe bars, from where there are excellent views of the main tarmac and two grass runways at the airport. IntotheBlue offers a quality selection of flying lessons at aero clubs throughout the UK.
• Experiences are available weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Flights take off from Shoreham Airport in Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex
• The airfield is just a few miles to the West of Brighton and Hove with easy access from the A27
• The minimum age is 14 years old
• Customers weighing over 14 stone and over 6'2'' in height can be accommodated with the 4 seater flights
• The number of passengers on 4 seater flights are subject to overall weight limits and are at the pilots discretion
• Customers may need to provide a form of photographic ID
• Spectators are welcome to attend
• The airport has an onsite restaurant and bar as well as plenty of viewing areas of the runway
• Brighton is just along the coast, offering hundreds of attractions, shops and restaurants