• All experiences include a welcome and pre-flight briefing followed by the selected flight duration in either a Cessna 152, Piper Tomahawk or Piper Archer aircraft
• Once airborne you will get the chance to take control yourself
• All flight times are quoted 'chock to chock'
• The 'With a spin' experience allows your instructor to demonstrate a tumbling spin and recovery at the end of your lesson
• As well as ordinary 30 or 60 minute lessons, Flying Starter Packs are also available which include 2x45 minute standard lessons and the Land Away Double gives you 30 minutes each way to either White Waltham or Fairoaks and back
• All participants will receive a certificate
Their motto is 'Learn to fly with the friendly experts' and that's what makes flying lessons in Surrey just that little bit memorable - a great team, great fun and you'll be getting airborne over the Surrey skies with top notch tuition and plenty of 'hands on time' included too.
What we like most about this Surrey-based flying school is the comprehensive range of lessons offered. There really is something for everyone, whether it's the very first time you will step aboard a light aircraft, or you've already had a trial flight before, we can find something that'll make you smile and love your time in the air.
The standard 30 and 60 minute flying lessons from this Surrey club are ideal as an introduction to the world of General Aviation. The planes for these experiences are usually the club-owned Cessna 152s, well-known for being agile, robust and easy to fly (even if to you it all seems far too complicated at first glance!). If you're feeling a little adventurous, we can heartily recommend the 'in a spin' extra, that'll see you experiencing what it's like to get inverted in the air!
If you love the thrill of take offs and landings, our Landaway lesson gives you the chance to double up on the flying in Surrey. Lessons are usually flown in a four seater Piper Archer, meaning you can invite one or maybe even two passengers to fly with you on your cross country adventure. Flying out of Blackbushe (which has a tarmac runway) you could be flying into another local Surrey airfield with a grass runway, which is great as you can experience both types of landing. This is a popular choice for those with an interest in aviation as a hobby.
For those serious about learning to fly, we have the double lesson pack here in Surrey. The flights are still great fun, but given the extended air time, you will be able to delve further into the workings of the plane and find out more about what it takes to become a pilot. You can do the lessons back to back, or book in for two separate dates to spread your flying time - it's totally up to you.
And for those of you who don't know Blackbushe Airport in Surrey, it has a very rich history, from playing a huge part in WW2 as RAF Hartford Bridge (that saw the main A30 being closed as it crossed the southern perimeter of the runway - can you imagine the chaos that'd cause today!), to welcoming the first commercial jet airliners in the 1950s. Nowadays Blackbushe is a small and friendly executive and private aviation airport with good facilities and an excellent weather record making it the perfect choice for flying lessons in Surrey.
• Lessons are available throughout the year, seven days a week
• Blackbushe Airport is near Camberley on the Surrey, Hampshire and Berkshire border with easy access from the M3
• Minimum age 14
• Minimum height of 4ft 6ins and maximum of 6ft 2ins
• Maximum weight limit is 14 stone
• Customers may be asked to show a photographic form of ID on the day
• Spectators are very welcome at this flying school
• The Bushe Cafe on the airfield offers great views of the runway allowing you to see participants depart and land