• Choose from a one or two night break in a carpeted, insulated camping pod
• Accommodation may take up to two adults and two children
• Heating included with main lighting and a power point
• Decking area
• TV room, pool table, free wifi in most areas, and laundry room onsite
• Dishwater facilities and showers/baths with free hot water
• Family bathrooms, chemical disposal sites, gas exchange
• Adventure playground, onsite bar and games room
• Well stocked shop for supplies
• Access to microwave, fridge and freezer
Camping Pods Lake District - enjoy one or two nights of tranquility in the Cumbrian countryside when you go glamping Lake District style!
With these overnight stays you'll be camping in comfort in these cute little timber-built pods that are nestled in amongst the trees on a small and friendly camp site in the fells overlooking Ullswater lake.
Each pod has been hand built to offer a warm and dry little nest for the night for two adults or even two adults and two kids. Being an environmentally friendly build, every pod is insulated with lamb's wool to keep it cosy during cold spells and cool on warm summer days.
And unlike traditional camping, there are home comforts installed in these fantastic Lake District pods, such as mains lighting and even a sneaky power point (in case you can't bear to be parted from your smartphone!). Outside glampers will love the decked area where you can chill out with a glass of rosé as the sun sets over Lake Ullswater.
Not only is the pod itself a real novelty (it's a bit like a mini designer home), where they are set is a also real gem of a camping site. Runner up in the Cumbria tourist office rewards, the place is very welcoming, offers excellent facilities and is well placed for discovering the Lake District area. We love the Quiet Bar that is set in a converted 17th century barn and open to adults and children with a games-room on site too.
Camping pods Lake District - perfect for a night or two of glamping in the picturesque Lake Disctrict in the very heart Cumbria, with superb views, walking, cycling and fishing. Of course, on these overnight and short stays you can be as active or as chilled as you like. Even if you've already been to the Lake District before, why not give these camping pods a try for a holiday with a difference?
• Available throughout the year
• Sundays through to Thursday nights in term time only
• Couples and families alike
• Dogs are not permitted
• All under eighteens must be accompanied by an adult
• Your own camping equipment is required (sleeping bags, cooking utensils, crockery etc) as the pod is rented empty