• A welcome and safety breifing
• Driving instruction and the use of a high quiality 200cc Kart
• Race sessions use high quality 200cc Karts
• For the Premier Grand Prix you will have 15 minutes in your first session split into a practice immediately followed by qualifying
• After a short break you will come out of the pits in order, before lining up on the grid for the start of your 15 minute race
• Trophies will be awarded to the top three drivers
• A maximum of 12 drivers in one race at a time
• All safety equipment is provided
The wide track and fast straights make this circuit near Southampton a thrilling and competitive challenge for the novice and expert karter alike. The squeal of tyres and buzzing of engines fills the air as racers jostle for a good position to attempt to overtake rival drivers.
There is no need to hold back when racing around this indoor 400-metre track at Eastleigh. The dramatic exit corner from the bridge flyover lets you floor the accelerator and hit speeds of up to 40mph down the Hanger straight before the Dunlop curve. This high-speed hammer-head corner has a tight entry and a wide exit to test your determination and skill.
Next up are the two exciting hairpin turns running in opposite directions which are the last obstacles before it’s time to get back on the accelerator giving it full throttle over the flyover. One things for certain, there are thrills galore as you race around this small, but perfectly formed track just outside Southampton!
Drivers of the circuit’s 12 160cc Biz Karts get the bonus of having their laps digitally timed and you are given print outs of your go karting performances to take home with you. And don’t forget to allow time before you race at the circuit to check out the track and the racing lines so that you get a feel for the bends, the straights, the chicanes and crazy flyovers!
The race format starts with a safety briefing and kitting up with a suit and helmet. Then you and your fellow drivers will race on the track for an initial 15 minute session. After a short break you will go back out onto the track for a further 15 minutes of race time to improve on your previous times. At the end of the sessions you receive a full race report detailing each of your track times, the fastest driver from the group and your average speed!
• Premier Grand Prix Races take place once a month on a Saturday or Sunday evening and last for approximately 3 hours
• The indoor go karting track offers challenging hairpins, long straights and a fly over bridge and is located in Eastleigh, Southampton
• Minimum age 16
• Maximum weight limit 18.5 stone
• Maximum height 6'4"
• Drivers must have an inside leg length of 29 inches to ensure they can reach the pedals
• Comfortable clothing and flat soled shoes are recommended
• Helmets, race suits and gloves are provided
• Friends and family are welcome to attend and watch the race from the viewing area around the track
• Food and drink are available to purchase from the Fuel Bar
• The venue boasts state of the art electronic timing systems and large LCD screens displaying drivers laps and times
• Changing rooms are available for racers
• There is free parking onsite