• A full driving and safety brieginf
• Race sessions use 200cc Karts
• You will have 15 minutes in your first session split into a practice
• Your practice session will be immediately followed by qualifying
• After a short break you will come out of the pits in order, before lining up on the grid for the start of your 15 minute race
• Trophies will be awarded to the top three drivers
• A maximum of 12 drivers in one race at a time
Try indoor go-karting in Gosport! This circuit near Portsmouth offers up a network of nine challenging corners, all with classic racing names such as Stirling bend and Croft corner, to motivate you to the max as you put your foot down around the track at speeds up to 40mph.
The circuit measures a sporty 450m and you'll be driving the sleek 200cc Biz Karts with up to 11 other competitors. Health and safety first, you'll be kitted out with a helmet and race suit, so you'll really look the part as you belt up ready to release the throttle and go.
Your determination and skill levels will be put to the test as you figure out the fastest racing line for each corner, get used to speeding along the straights and negotiating the network of tight hair-pin bends. It’s flat out from the start and if you have the nerve to be aggressive through the tough Croft corner, then victory might very well be yours!
What we love most about this indoor karting circuit is the Donington Bridge - it's a steep gradient onto a flyover section, before a hair-raising drop into a hair-pin turn and back under the flyover head out down the straight. And there are loads more long, fast straights and wild corners on the thrilling circuit too. Phew!
The circuit has state-of the-art timing and large LCD screens so your family and friends can follow the race action. Afterwards you can relax in the Fuel Bar with a snack and a drink while you check your print out of the digital record of your lap and race times.
We all know that karting is adrenaline-fuelled fun but before you race, you can check out YouTube and karting web sites to learn how to shave valuable seconds off your lap time by understanding how the karts work and what the best racing line is to take around the track. All these little tips and tricks help you to become a better, faster and safer driver.
go-karting days out on our main karting section.
• Premier Grand Prix Races take place once a month on a Saturday or Sunday evening and last for approximately 3 hours
• The indoor karting track offers challenging long straights, wide bends and a flyover bridge and is located in Gosport near Portsmouth
• Minimum age of 16
• Maximum weight 18.5 stone
• Drivers must have an inside leg length of 29 inches and a waist measurement of 40 inches
• Flat soled shoes are recommended
• Friends and family are welcome to come and watch participants race from the viewing areas around the track
• The 'Fuel Bar' has food and drink available to purchase
• There is free onsite parking and changing rooms available
• The venue offers electronic timing systems displayed on large LCD screens
• Digital track time sheets are produced for drivers to take home with them