Introduction to the bikes and explanation of safe riding techniques
Practice your riding technique around a small coned area before heading off on your Trek
You will be riding the bike for the majority of your selected ride time
You'll be led by an experienced instructor
may be forming part of a group of up to four riders on the day
You'll be riding automatic Apache quad bikes
Helmets, liners, gloves and overalls can be hired on the day at £2
Go quad biking in Essex and find yourself zipping around the grounds of a hidden nuclear bunker on a powerful quad bike! This has got to be the most unusual venue we have on our books for quad trekking and individuals, pairs or small groups of up to five will absolutely love it.
Nestled in 300 acres of countryside, this Essex quad biking centre is well signposted from the M25 (perhaps just as well, as it is supposed to be secret after all!) and is not far from Ongar and Brentwood. Despite the proximity to towns and cities, this site covers over 300 acres, boasting fields and woodlands that are just dying to be explored on a quad.
At our Essex location we are offering both 30 and 60 minute quad biking experiences, so it's up to you whether you fancy a quick blast on an ATV, or fancy exploring more deeply this mysterious place that was a classified military site for many years. Now it's all about farm tracks, private tarmac paths (good for a nice fast sprint!) and ferny forest trails - and you'll see them all on your guided trek.
The supplier here in Essex is also a well-established retailer of quads, so you know the bikes you'll be riding on are the very latest models, such as Suzuki LT90s and Orzak 250s, as well as Yamaha Breeze 125s and the Grizzly 125. Adult machines are powerful, four stroke engined, fully automatic bikes. That means easy electric starting and smooth gear changes for an optimised ride. The quads are not housed on site, as they are maintained and serviced by this Essex specialist, so you know you'll be biking on machines in tip-top condition.
Anyone from the age of 12 can go quad biking in Essex and the fleet of ATVs includes smaller capacity quads in shorter sizes for juniors. All experiences start with a familiarity session so you can get used to the controls, before heading off on your guided trek accelerating along dirt roads, whizzing past hedgerows and winding through the forest. All you have to decide is if you opt the for half an hour or the hour of quad biking fun in this unique setting in Essex! More amazing
quad biking experiences available throughout the UK.
• Most weekends throughout the year and some selected weekdays during school holidays once a small group has been filled
• The activity takes place in most weather conditions
• The treks take place in 300 acres of open fields, woodland and trails surrounding the Secret Nuclear Bunker in Brentwood, Essex
• Minimum age is 12 years
• The quads are suitable for riders of all shapes and sizes
• You are required to bring thin gloves (these can be purchased on the day for £2)
• Friends and family are welcome however views of the trek are limited as you will be off exploring 300 acres of woodland and fields
• The Nuclear Bunker is open for tours on most days with admission costing around &£6.50 for adults and & £4.50 for kids
• There are toilets on site along with a cafe serving drinks and snacks
• There is free parking on site