A Hovercraft Experience
• Welcome, safety briefing and introduction to the controls
• Hovercraft driving practice session
• Hover cross session flying over land and water
• A personalised certificate as a reminder of their day•
In total you can expect to be piloting the hovercraft for between 10 and 20 minutes•
There may be up two craft on the circuit at any one time•
Safety helmets and ponchos are supplied•
Please allow two hours on site for this experience
Hovercraft experience days are available at alternative locations, please see our main
hovercraft racing and hovercrafting
section for more information.
Master the art of levitation with our hovercraft experience in Kent! Well, is it hovercraft driving, or flying? We’ve got no idea what the official term is, but one thing we’re sure of is that these hovercraft experiences, that take place at one of Kent's best know farm parks, will be like nothing you’ve ever tried before!
On arrival at this hovercraft centre based at Hop Farm Family Park at Paddock Wood, you will be split into two groups with an instructor taking you through your paces at each stage of this exciting air-filled session. You can expect between 10 and 20 minutes of driving, so that’s plenty of time to go from spinning out of control, to speeding around the course. If there's a group of between 12 and 20 of you, you will have an exclusive hovercraft session at this impressive Kentish venue, so you can take over and really let rip on both land and water with your mates.
Following a safety briefing and demo, you’ll learn the basics of handling these machines - and we know from experience that controlling a hovercraft is not as easy as it looks! This Kent-based operator near Tonbridge maintains a fleet of the race proven Flying Fish Formula 25 single seater craft and you’ll soon appreciate that these lightweight movers deliver a whole world of fun and excitement - even reaching speeds of 30mph.
Once you’ve got the hang of this hovercraft driving lark, you’ll move over to this Kentish centre's trickiest track - the inimitable obstacle course! Then it's onto the purpose built Hover Cross track where you'll fly over land and water pushing your newly learnt skills to the limit in a series of time trials against other hovercraft drivers. This circuit has been approved for hosting HCGB (Hovercraft Club of Great Britain) race events, so you know it's the real deal. All times are recorded and if you are top of the leader board with the fastest time at the end of the year, you will be invited back for another hovercraft experience day on Kent's finest terrain for free!
You will need to allow two hours for the hovercraft experience. Our Kent team will kit you out with everything you need, but we would recommend packing a spare set of clothes as you’re probably going to get a bit wet as you whizz over mud, water and fields in these personal hovercrafting rigs. As your hovercraft day comes to a close, you will be presented with a celebratory certificate to commemorate your very first experience of piloting one of these tricky little things around the fields and water splashes of Kent. Other hovercrafting venues will offer other challenges so make sure you check out our alternative hovercraft experience page soon.
• You can go on a hovercraft experience in Kent any time of year
• Two sessions a day during the autumn/winter months and three during the spring/summer
• Larger exclusive group sessions of 12-20 can usually take place on additional weekdays and weekend dates
• The Hop Farm, Paddock Wood near Tonbridge, Kent
• Minimum age 12
• Under 18s must be accompanied on site by an adult
• No previous experience is required
• Maximum weight limit is 20 stone
• Spectators are very welcome to come and watch
• You should wear a long sleeved top and long trousers
• A spare set of clothes are recommended as you may get wet whilst hovercraft driving
• Dogs are permitted on site, but must be supervised at all times