• This 'Golden Age of Travel' journey offers a great way to see some of the finest English countryside from the comfort of your carriage aboard the British Pullman • Departing from London Victoria train station, you will be taken on a circular tour through Kent, whilst enjoying a superb lunch served at your table
• The meal is five courses and includes a half bottle of wine per guest as well as a champagne reception at Whitstable to celebrate your special day
• IntotheBlue offers a selection of alternative
steam train trips
at stations and locations around the UK•
Steam Hauled experience available as an option
When you think of the lunch on the British Pullman, sister train to the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express, you think in superlatives – climb aboard the most elegant and enchanting train you could ever wish for and depart on one of the most seductive and romantic journeys you can imagine.
Departing from London's Victoria Station you will enjoy superior standards of service, fabulous food and the superb scenery of the great British countryside, on these special British Pullman lunch excursions. Everything is as you expect - smart stewards waiting to greet you on the platform and show you to your tapestry armchair seat, complete with silk lamps adorning the linen covered tables.
The circular voyage into Kent allows plenty of time for you to savour the five course meal served at your table. The food is simply delicious. Freshly prepared and beautifully presented, there is no finer luncheon accompaniment to a journey on the British Pullman. Once in Whitstable, passengers will disembark for a champagne reception, before re-boarding and returning back to London Victoria station in style.
Any experience on a British Pullman is an indulgence, but this five course lunch day trip on board the British Pullman by is surely the rail voyage of a lifetime and one no passenger will ever forget. IntotheBlue has a superb selection of experience gift ideas suitable for any special occasion, please see our gift ideas section for lots of memorable activity days out.
• Available January to end of November
• Around two dates per month and usually on a Friday
• The train usually departs London Victoria station at 11.45 and returns at 16.40. • As these train journeys are very popular and bookings can be taken a year in advance, please allow plenty of time to book.
• Departing from London Victoria
• Smart day wear is requested to be worn on board the British Pullman - please do not wear jeans, men may wish to wear a jacket and tie
• The journey may be suitable for passengers with special access needs - please check before booking
• For the comfort of all, the British Pullman is a non-smoking train throughout and passengers are asked to turn off their mobile telephones whilst on board
• The company will do its best to accommodate special dietary requirements, but these must be made in advance at the time of booking your journey date
• This activity is not suitable for spectators, but they are welcome to accompany passengers to the train station to see them off
• The train has washrooms on board and Victoria Station has an exclusive check in and lounge.
• Whilst every effort is made to accommodate customers requests, due to limited availability you may share a table for 4 with another couple