A taste of nostalgia with this Steam Train Afternoon Tea in Leicestershire! This is a superb package that combines travel on steam and diesel trains at this renowned heritage railway with a traditional afternoon tea for two at a station tea shop where you can sit inside or out and watch the trains go by.
The Great Central Railway is the country's only mainline heritage railway and is a large operation with a proper timetable of services throughout the main seasons with four different stations in operation. This package offers you unlimited travel on the trains with a 'rover' style 'All Line Day Runabout' ticket for two people, with an informal tea included at Ellis's Tea Room at the Rothley station stop, or the Butler Henderson cafe at Quorn station.
Whether you choose to take your steam train afternoon tea in Rothley or Quorn, you are sure to love the setting. The Rothley tea room is a former corn store restored in and Edwardian style, whilst the Quorn cafe has a more 1940s feel to it. Both offer excellent views of the goings on at this highly popular steam railway and, off course, tasty sweet and savoury snacks and a full range of hot and cold drinks.
Although this makes a great day out, if it is not your cup of tea just take a look at some of our other experience days. You can be experiencing all kinds of thrills or simply, lapping up some pampering.
- A special steam train experience for two people with afternoon tea
- Enjoy all day travel for two at a heritage steam railway
- Start and finish your rail travel at your choice of four stations on the line
- Afternoon Tea including the following;
- Pot of English tea or choice of speciality teas
- Selection of fancy sandwiches including salmon, ham, egg or cucumber
- Home made fruit scones with clotted cream and country preserve
- A selection of miniature mouth watering cakes
- Available everyday (when trains are operating) 10.00 - 16.00
- Experience availability includes mid week operating days in high season and weekends, but excludes special event days
- Early booking is strongly recommended for this afternoon tea
- In a quaint tea room on one of England's oldest period stations in Leicestershire
- Perfect for railway enthusiasts to view passing historic steam engines
- Both viewing area and tea room are fully accessible to wheel chair users
Service rating - excellent: This is the 4th time I have used Into the Blue and find their website very easy to use and product usually arrives within a couple of days.
Product rating - excellent: Packaging good and lots of information included for the recipient.
Customer Review from Feefo, 20 Dec 2012
Service rating - excellent: easy to use web site. The present was received within two days of ordering
Customer Review from Feefo, 21 Oct 2012